Should I Move to Canada?

H

Hachi

In the fairly sad state the States are in, should I (as soon as I finish College) apply for Canadian citizenship?

I wish I could help you but I don't pay to much attention to Canada but since I don't hear crap about them I say yes.

I say, wait til Im out (shouldnt be anymore than a year or two) and join me up there.

lol Why dont we just go to Europe...
and be farther away from this hellhole?

My cousins moved to Ireland for a while. They travled Europe, it's a very nice place, fairly laid back. Good standards, high education, I wouldn't mind living there someday...

I know people in Canada, its a nice place. However, wait to see how Obama does first. We've come from worse before.

The economic situation in Canada is not that great. The Canadian dollar is wroth like 78 cents US.

I am from Canada. The real estate market where I live is going down. The stock market in Canada is also not as good as it once was.

If you hate the cold, you probably won't enjoy Canada since it snows a lot and have freezing temperatures.

Plus, the government in Canada is kind of unstable the prime minister might lose his jobs because other opposition parties don't agree with him.

Canada is a good place if you got the cash, a nice job, and like the cold.

Yea I think the Canadian future will be worse than the United States future. We just got a new president which will help boost the economy. Plus their police don't carry guns! WTF! lol

QUOTE (MrJohn @ December 20, 2008 02:25 pm) Yea I think the Canadian future will be worse than the United States future. We just got a new president which will help boost the economy. Plus their police don't carry guns! WTF! lol
The Canadians are pacifists, I doubt they even have a standing army....

Yea some people take for granted the nice protection we have for the most part in the U.S. Once you move, you lose that feel-safe.

QUOTE (MrJohn @ December 21, 2008 11:35 am) Yea some people take for granted the nice protection we have for the most part in the U.S. Once you move, you lose that feel-safe.
protection? If I lived in Chicago I be afraid to look out the window much less go outside.

Obama is from Chicago I heard. The police in Canada do carry guns, but the Canadian Army does not have a lot of weapons compared to the US, Britain, China, and Russia. Canada basicly relies on the US Army for Protection from larger countries, and mostly follows the UN when it comes to fighting in a war.

I'm not sure how well Canada do if it was under attack by a large group of terrorists.

Back