Should I register on Club Nintendo NOW or on July?

tuna+egg

Home Cook
Awards
Credits
I just bought my 3DS a few weeks ago with a few games that come with a club nintendo code. If I register the stuff I have now plus the eshop purchases I'm planning, I think I would be able to acquire 300 coins (Gold Member). But since the Nintendo year ends on June 30th, it means I'm only on Gold Status for a little over a month! Would that be a disadvantage? Would it be better to wait until July 1st before registering?

I know elite members get free gifts at the end of the Nintendo year, but are there other perks the rest of the year that I would be missing?

no, there are no other perks. Come January you get to pick a game for free and that is it. I've been platinum since February (and I got my 3DS the last week of January) and when I contacted Nintendo asking about it they informed me that I have to wait until January to choose my gift and there is nothing else that I get for being Platinum.

You may as well register and hit gold and at least allow yourself the opportunity to get whatever free games you can with the club coins this month or in the future and start building towards Plat for the next year.

And I've had Aquia - one of the games for this month - since the night the DSi came out. I was gifted 800 Nintendo Points for pre-ordering the DSi.... Aquia is crap. It is like a sliding puzzle version of Columns (a game I have always loved) but with no fun and a vertical row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...thanks. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Just to clarify: if I hit Gold status now, I can only get free stuff (not bought with coins) come January 2014? I can't even choose Excite Bike over Acquia?

Hmmm...thanks. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Just to clarify: if I hit Gold status now, I can only get free stuff (not bought with coins) come January 2014? I can't even choose Excite Bike over Acquia?

You can use your coins for ExciteBike but you have to wait until the list of things to choose for Gold is posted which ends in January to choose the free Gold Member Status gift.

It is best to get the Gold/Platinum as soon as possible and then save your remaining points till after the reward year ends. I usually end up saving so much that I hit Gold in the first week and Platinum by Christmas. Also, the games you can get change every month (and sometimes rare prizes are added), so it is always good to be ready with points on the first of every month.

It is best to get the Gold/Platinum as soon as possible and then save your remaining points till after the reward year ends. I usually end up saving so much that I hit Gold in the first week and Platinum by Christmas. Also, the games you can get change every month (and sometimes rare prizes are added), so it is always good to be ready with points on the first of every month.

You mean they roll over? Becaus eif that is the case I am good for like the next 3 years as I could hit platinum every 2-3 months XD

Back