Should more wired USB mouses come with a USB cable which is replaceable without opening the mouse?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it would be nice to have a wired USB mouse which uses a regular detachable USB cable like a Mini USB cable or Micro USB Cable to connect the mouse to the computer.

If the mouse breaks, the user still have a Micro USB cable, and can buy another working mouse to connect it to the cable. Sometimes finding the correct USB cable to unplug on a back of a PC with many USB devices can take a long time, so just replacing the mouse can be easier instead of also needing to unplug the cable with the mouse.

If the cable breaks, the user can just replace the cable.

Yea considering that there are alot of people who do not have background in electronics like me. We are in the age that we prefer to buy new than repair a broken one, with replaceable cable we can save.

Yea considering that there are alot of people who do not have background in electronics like me. We are in the age that we prefer to buy new than repair a broken one, with replaceable cable we can save.

I feel there will be people who will pick a mouse with replaceable cables which cost a few dollars more compared to a mouse with a non-replaceable cable.

I think a removable mouse cable will last longer because mouse users can unplug the cable, and put the cable in a separate hard plastic case where the mouse cable and USB plug can't get bent and twisted, or get move around unlike current wired mouses where some people just throw them into their laptop bag, purse, or pocket where the mouse and cable may get damaged from the cable getting bent too much.

That would actually be a good idea, in our very strong wireless society.

That would actually be a good idea, in our very strong wireless society.

I feel if more people can replace their USB cable for a mouse with a shorter or longer cable depending on their cable needs, more people will use a wired USB mouse.

There are some USB wired mouse which have USB cables which are too short or overly long where the cable gets tangle with other cables.

Some mouses with a retractable cable are not very good because the cable is thin and can break, and the retractable part can break as well.

I feel there will be people who will pick a mouse with replaceable cables which cost a few dollars more compared to a mouse with a non-replaceable cable.

I think a removable mouse cable will last longer because mouse users can unplug the cable, and put the cable in a separate hard plastic case where the mouse cable and USB plug can't get bent and twisted, or get move around unlike current wired mouses where some people just throw them into their laptop bag, purse, or pocket where the mouse and cable may get damaged from the cable getting bent too much.

I think a reason of why there is no much mouse that has removable and replaceable cable is because most people won't buy a new mouse if their needed. The sales and their revenue will decrease so companies are not doing that even they see the potential.

I think a reason of why there is no much mouse that has removable and replaceable cable is because most people won't buy a new mouse if their needed. The sales and their revenue will decrease so companies are not doing that even they see the potential.

I agree very few companies will make a mouse with a removable cable because the revenue will decrease. Removable cables will also decrease the number of repeat buyers who buy new mouses because a naughty user ripped out the cable by pulling the cable very hard to detach it from the mouse's internal circuit board.

If the cable was detachable, the cable will just be unplugged when an angry user pulls very hard on a USB cable.

Some users who lost or broke their mouse may also end up re-using a Micro-USB cable and choosing to buy mouses from another brand, so some mouse companies may lose money.

Sometimes, it is possible for users to easily repair broken micro-usb port and plug with a toothpick and simple tools, so some users may end up fixing their own USB port on a mouse if it breaks for some reason, so some users may end up fixing their own mouse's USB port, and keep using the mouse until the LED bulb dies.

Back