Should SEGA return to making video game consoles at some point?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, they've been doing okay as a third party developer (if the Sonic series going downhill really quickly counts as okay), but do you think SEGA should return to console making at some point?

Would you want to see them make another full blown games system, like the Dreamcast or what not?

I would love that honestly. I really adored the Dreamcast. Sadly it didn't get a long life really. Sega really did do some awesome systems. Like Sega CD. Which is a favorite since it gave me Lunar. XD

:Showtime:

I believe Sega has potential to shine as a console developer once again. However, they are going to have to do some real work to get their names out there as a major gaming developer to keep up with the fast paced world of gaming.

I highly doubt they could do anything to shake up the console market and make it.
It's quite possible for them to do this, but they'll need a huge pr team and a lot of advertising money. Plus. lots of unique games that can help them attract loyal supporters of Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. Sega was quite successful in the past, so they'll always be room for a former successful video game company to return.

I really doubt it, seeing how bad they burned with their previous tries. Not to say that it'd be completely impossible, but even a big name of the past would have problems trying to dethrone any of the current big three.

Sure I'd love to see it happen, as more competition is always a good thing, but quite honestly I do not think that there would be enough market for a fourth major platform right now. It would make gaming way too fragmented anyways.

Back