Should student debt be canceled?

I had a friend go to a Community College and he had that as an issue and also he just didn't get certain concepts in later maths.

But there are people who decide not to go to college for this reason and they would still have to pay in through taxes.

Heck, if your friend went to a CC, their debt should be practically nothing compared to others.

Also to point out, taxes are collected to benefit everyone, regardless of reason.

Though reading up more on the rumored plan, 125k threshold is still a bit high, anyone making that much should be able to pay off any debt. If biden pulls the trigger, it needs to be a lot more regulated, more under those who don't make more than 50-60k a year, forgive only the money spent on classes and make sure no one comes from a wealthy family setting.

Heck, if your friend went to a CC, their debt should be practically nothing compared to others.

Also to point out, taxes are collected to benefit everyone, regardless of reason.

Though reading up more on the rumored plan, 125k threshold is still a bit high, anyone making that much should be able to pay off any debt. If biden pulls the trigger, it needs to be a lot more regulated, more under those who don't make more than 50-60k a year, forgive only the money spent on classes and make sure no one comes from a wealthy family setting.
But debt charges interest and with the banks they want that interest and of course, it's a moneymaker to them, while I am working and planning on paying my own without debt working and living from home I don't see the difference between getting the loan, and having the rich or hardworking pay without the loan. You might have more spread-out classes but a loan feels like a proof of greed. Taxes wouldn't be a problem but our country is still in debt and inflation has to kick in making the interest worse and people are saying retirement is going to be a thing of the past. Not to mention mismanagement and higher gas prices commuting everywhere and that includes both college and work, and back home. Also you can pay to get degrees without going to a class if you are wealthy and famous. You don't see the homeless in college.

If the student has passed with good grades, I think the government should cancel his or her debt. If education continues to be expensive and the students continue to incur debt, I think there will be a day when students will stop enrolling for college education.

If the student has passed with good grades, I think the government should cancel his or her debt. If education continues to be expensive and the students continue to incur debt, I think there will be a day when students will stop enrolling for college education.

I like this idea. That would also be an incentive for students to work hard to earn good grades, knowing that all, or at least a portion, of their tuition will be covered

I don't trust the government as corrupt as it is to cancel debt when they talk about reparations.

The cost of education is increasing on a daily basis and I don't think it is easier now for students to afford. So, giving some form of relief to students that took loans should be considered by the government.

No, I don't support the idea. Going to school is not a must as technology has made it easier for everyone to learn even without going to school. So, when one decides to take up a loan in order to go to school, they should pay it up in full.

The government have to take key decisions on the student loan. It has not been easy for most students and I think that government should come to their aid.

Specially with all the horror stories out there. I know I be living in a house right now if I didn't have the debt.

That is exactly my point. You could be buying a house right now instead of spending your money of paying off the debt.

Unless you are one of the rare lucky individuals that gets a full ride scholarship, people are spending a bunch of time trying to pay all that off and I think it takes up too much time.

I've also heard horror stories of people being buried under their student debt.

That is exactly my point. You could be buying a house right now instead of spending your money of paying off the debt.

Unless you are one of the rare lucky individuals that gets a full ride scholarship, people are spending a bunch of time trying to pay all that off and I think it takes up too much time.

I've also heard horror stories of people being buried under their student debt.

Even most people who got a free ride, still ended up with some debt.

That is to show you that there is more to accumulation of debts. I believe everyone needs to do better at financial management.

It was more along the lines that college life costs too much. The dorms, extra useless classes and what not, it adds up too quick.

No. If you take out a loan you should be held accountable and responsible to repay your debt. It is unfair and discriminatory to cancel and forgive the loans of some individuals and not others.
Well, this meme says it all in support of your assessment.

images (66).jpeg

Back