Should Students still go to High School for 5 years in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel in the future a lot of the harder basic tasks like basic math, and basic science will be done by computers and robots, so students in the future may not need to learn as much basic math and science skills.

Plus, harder jobs like scientist, computer programmer, law, and teaching is not for everyone.

For students who want to be a metal worker, plumber, car mechanic, soldier, or truck driver, it maybe better for them to graduate a few years earlier by not needing to take courses like History, Chemistry, Biology, and Algebra/Math which may not be very useful for their job or daily home life.

There is also community or junior college where they can take basic science, math, and language courses like biology, chemistry, algebra, calculus, etc if they want to change careers in the future like becoming a nurse where they need more science and math skills.

First off, no to 5 year high school unless you're talking about taking away a year from the lower grades (like grade school is 4 years, middle school is 3 years and high school is 5 years).

And the one thing that has me raging with college I had to take all the basic classes over again, despite my high grades in them.

First off, no to 5 year high school unless you're talking about taking away a year from the lower grades (like grade school is 4 years, middle school is 3 years and high school is 5 years).

And the one thing that has me raging with college I had to take all the basic classes over again, despite my high grades in them.

That stinks that you need to re-take basic courses in College especially if you need to pay a lot of money to re-take the courses in college.

I know there are students who dropped out of high school to attend a Community College to get their General Education Diploma which is like a High School Diploma in a few months or under 5 years depending on how many courses they take per semester.

Students in community college sometimes don't need to take courses like Art, drama, cooking, and history to get a high school diploma, so less of their time is spent taking courses like art which they don't need or want to take to graduate.

That stinks that you need to re-take basic courses in College especially if you need to pay a lot of money to re-take the courses in college.

I know there are students who dropped out of high school to attend a Community College to get their General Education Diploma which is like a High School Diploma in a few months or under 5 years depending on how many courses they take per semester.

Students in community college sometimes don't need to take courses like Art, drama, cooking, and history to get a high school diploma, so less of their time is spent taking courses like art which they don't need or want to take to graduate.

yeah college is a scam, they can make you do whatever they want if you want that diploma.

yeah college is a scam, they can make you do whatever they want if you want that diploma.

I heard some colleges also require students to pay for a lot of extra stuff like a Studen I.D. Card, and other stuff which can really add up to a lot of money if you have to pay for a lot of extra stuff along with paying for courses, books, school supplies, and equiptment like cooking utensils if you go to cooking school.

I heard some colleges also require students to pay for a lot of extra stuff like a Studen I.D. Card, and other stuff which can really add up to a lot of money if you have to pay for a lot of extra stuff along with paying for courses, books, school supplies, and equiptment like cooking utensils if you go to cooking school.

They give you nothing for free and after extra stuff like IDs and anything else there is still food, gas and if you live on campus, living arrangements.

Back