Should the upcoming 3DS Zelda game have online multiplayer mode?

walla+

A regular guy.
Awards
Credits
I'm not an avid follower of all the games but, for what I know, very few (if not only one; feel free to correct me) have multi-player functionality.

In my opinion, having a Zelda game that is 3D(Oot, MM, SS; 3D textures) and multi-player is a bit of a weird mix; however, let's face it, it could be interesting.

My hope is what they did with Kid Icarus; Sakurai managed to pull off an outstanding multi-player mode and implement it in what it had traditionally been a single-player game.

I personally believe Nintendo could implement an online mode since the concept of both the 3DS and WiiU has been related to connectivity; Nintendo itself said that the new Smash Bros. game for the 3DS and WiiU will interact. A 3DS Zelda game with online mode isn't completely scratched away.

For a change, a TLOZ game, other than Four Sword, could offer interactivity within Zelda fans all throughout the globe and not limited to Download & Play or wireless nearby connection.

Any road, what's your opinion about this?

Im hoping for a Zelda game in the OoT style. I cant really see how any form of multiplayer could come out of that.

If the multiplayer involved player-versus-player combat, then no. It would be a bit too clunky. However, if it were like Four Swords and everyone was working together to solve puzzles and defeat enemies, I think it might work. No telling if Nintendo would actually do that, though.

If the multiplayer involved player-versus-player combat, then no. It would be a bit too clunky. However, if it were like Four Swords and everyone was working together to solve puzzles and defeat enemies, I think it might work. No telling if Nintendo would actually do that, though.
No, no. I never meant player vs. player; its not TLOZ style. I was thinking of co-op like Heroes of Ruin (not necessarily the gameplay, just the concept) or a refined version of Four Swords but in 3D rendering. Scratch mini-games too, unless it's a Toon Zelda-like release.

Nah. The recent Nintendo direct worried me. If the wii u Zelda is mainly multiplayer, I'll be dissapointed. Sure, it worked really well for Four Swords, but with such a big emphasis on revamp, It'll work differently for sure.

Nah. The recent Nintendo direct worried me. If the wii u Zelda is mainly multiplayer, I'll be dissapointed. Sure, it worked really well for Four Swords, but with such a big emphasis on revamp, It'll work differently for sure.
They wouldn't make it mainly multiplayer. They would surely know that doing so would alienate a large portion of the fanbase.

I expect it'll probably be in the form of an optional co-op mode.

iwant all games to have a co-op mode i mean with all the ways for us to play together.. shouldnt every game work like that? but PLEASE dont make any game where we HAVE to stay in the same screen lol. "if it at least moves on your own game thank god lol"

iwant all games to have a co-op mode i mean with all the ways for us to play together.. shouldnt every game work like that? but PLEASE dont make any game where we HAVE to stay in the same screen lol. "if it at least moves on your own game thank god lol"

You will find this being a major annoyance that Stone and I often complain about. Like Resident Craphole 6... erm Evil... The multiplay for Agent and Ada makes me want to find a thick solid wall riddled with sharp objects to continuously slam my head into.

Back on track though... lol sorry... The Zelda series would be nice if they added co-op and a new character rather than palette swapped Links that make absolutely no sense to the storyline. "And Links has saved the day!" See how stupid that sounds? And make the full game co-op not short little timed events.

I think multiplayer would work really well, but only FourSwords style. I mean, it works in Mario.

Only one genre would be better with multiplayer than Zelda with multiplayer.

Pokemon.

Back