Should there be Wii U to 3DS connectivity?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Should there? I mean, it's obvious there'll be some form of connectivity used in the next home console Pokemon titles, but in general should there be Wii U games that work best when you connect a 3DS to the console like how the Gamecube had Four Swords Adventures?

Yes, connectivity between the two could bring in some great new concepts and make the experience more enjoyable. I cant wait to play Monster Hunter on my 3DS with one of my friends who is getting a Wii U. And if Super Smash Bros allowed connectivity in multiplayer, it could create many new possibilities. Have any of you heard of the upcoming adapter that transforms your 3DS into a second gamepad for your Wii U? Concepts like that could really make Nintendo stand out against competitors.

why not? this is a great idea, what could possibly go wrong?

I'd like to see them allow you to connect New Leaf to whatever Wii U version of Animal Crossing comes out a little better than they did for the Wii to DS games. It was nice and there was nothing wrong with it, I just want to see what new approaches they could possibly take if they did similar. :)

We should. I mean, they did that with the DS and the Wii.

Remember the Gamecube-GBA link cable? Back then they tried their hardest to incorpurate that stuff into any game but now once they actually have the technology to do that with a snap they don't use it at all. You used to be able to get DS demos through your Wii, right? So why not do something similar? Just with gameplay.
Remember the Tingle Tuner? Just something simple like that.

Remember the Gamecube-GBA link cable? Back then they tried their hardest to incorpurate that stuff into any game but now once they actually have the technology to do that with a snap they don't use it at all. You used to be able to get DS demos through your Wii, right? So why not do something similar? Just with gameplay.
Remember the Tingle Tuner? Just something simple like that.

I agree, but they did encorporate DS in the Wii.

In specific games, such as Guitar Hero 5, you could use the DS for the game, to do the lights for the show.

the best option is simply use the"infrared" or WiFi type connections for it. i see no real reason a app or patch can not be released to connect the 3ds via WiFi at LEAST .. no equipment is needed really its the same honestly as a wireless xbox360 remote... just find its signal... hell even my laptop can find the signal of wiimotes and wire less Xbox controllers with a program.. the only reason i really see then putting out a part like with MH3 is money .. think about it.. i am right about how easy it is to find signals with a pc program, so like it's controller PAD the WII-U should be able to find a 3ds signal with a update or app.

I don't see why they won't. GameCube & Wii both had it, so why not the Wii U?

Yup.

Back