• Total voters

Revolved101

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Should GL have a chatbox on our site?

I'm fine with it since no one uses Discord unless we need a meeting and a private chat in there.

You end up taking activity away from certain threads and that's not good for a forum IMO. Plus it always makes the index more cluttered

I think a Chatbox may slowdown the website loading speed for GamingLatest. Visitors which browse Gaminglatest on a slower computer or slower internet connection like browsing Gaminglatest dial-up internet connection may more likely leave the forum if it takes many more seconds to fully load Gaminglatest because the forum need to load a chatbox which may add many seconds to the loading times for visitors who visit Gaminglatest on dial-up or a cheaper cell phone's web browser like mobile web browsers found on cheap android phones and tablets.

Last edited:
Well, that depends. If a forum is new, I generally don't recommend it because I would say that a chatbox could potentially take away some of the discussions that you'd have on the forum.

However, since this is a forum that is well established and has been around a while, I would say that it would be okay (if the owner and staff decide they want to have it).

It depends on what one is using it for. I have a Shoutbox for people to just say Good Morning & Hello on. There's no deep conversations.

Back