Should you Disable the Windows Firewall after installing a third-party firewall software?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
If your computer is slower, having two firewall software can slow down your PC. Having two firewall software running may make your computer not connect to the internet, or slow down the network as well.

Having more than one firewall will always cause conflicts and therefore when you install a 3rd party firewall it should disable window's firewall automatically.

I notice most third-party firewalls which I try do disable the Windows Firewall.

But, I'm not sure if they disable other third-party firewalls. But, having two third-party firewalls installed will most likely make your internet connection slower, and make some programs like chat programs have problems connecting to the internet, or maintaining a reliable connection to the internet.

You can run multiple firewalls, but you have to make sure to apply the same rules to each one of them so that they won't conflict with each other.
Which also destroys the purpose of having multiple firewalls any way.

pretty sure I'm running my own AV's firewall and Window's basic firewall. Which a lot of times on the AV it does give me issues.

But, I'm not sure if they disable other third-party firewalls. But, having two third-party firewalls installed will most likely make your internet connection slower, and make some programs like chat programs have problems connecting to the internet, or maintaining a reliable connection to the internet.
I know that some software will try to uninstall other IS or firewalls if they find that it will cause conflicts. You need to remenber that some firewall use drivers as well.

A firewall is included in my Anti Virus and so I have Windows Defender Firewall turned off. I see no need to have two firewalls, but if you wanted to be extra protected I guess you could use 2 firewalls.

I think a software Firewall in Windows, and an external firewall on most routers are good enough for most average computer users. If you need more protection, there are a lot of third-party firewalls which users can buy.

I suppose not but it's better that way, if you trust that third party software.
I have read somewhere that two good protection software would think each other as an enemy which manipulates things xD

I suppose not but it's better that way, if you trust that third party software.
I have read somewhere that two good protection software would think each other as an enemy which manipulates things xD
Not necessarily, but they might indeed conflict a bit with one saying a certain file is a virus, and the other saying it's OK.

I usually disable my anti virus cus most of the time it gets in my way.
You really shouldn't disable anti virus. It's like a basic necessity. I know that people often does it to install some stuff but I would never recommend it to anyone.
No one can truly protect themselves after all. That's what I believe anyway.

You really shouldn't disable anti virus. It's like a basic necessity. I know that people often does it to install some stuff but I would never recommend it to anyone.
No one can truly protect themselves after all. That's what I believe anyway.

Well. It's annoying to see some pop ups. :p But I use anti virus on my scheduled scanning activity.

Well. It's annoying to see some pop ups. :p But I use anti virus on my scheduled scanning activity.
I always enable my anti-virus and I have a scheduled scan of wise care 365 to remove unwanted stuff from my computer.
I do use malware bites and anti spyware occasionally.
I am a bit paranoid I suppose xD

Back