Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
This happened on 1-255 Southbound just south of the Pontoon Beach exit. Someone changed IDOT's sign to read "DAILY LANE CLOSURES DUE TO ZOMBIES."

IDOT believes someone hacked the sign's computer remotely. While crewmembers were still on the scene after fixing the message, the display changed back to the hoax. Joe Gasaway with the Illinois Department of Transportation said,
"We've talked to the company that supplies these and they have a patch out there they've applied to the program to fix the problem."

Just last week, drivers in Austin, TX were warned about "Nazi zombies run!" and "The end is near." Pranksters there cut the padlock on the sign and changed the message.

source

epic.

I chuckled and smiled, but I guess many people didn't pay any attention to the warning because there was no such thing.

QUOTE (Spiritwarrior @ February 04, 2009 07:21 pm) I chuckled and smiled, but I guess many people didn't pay any attention to the warning because there was no such thing.
until you run into them and go "oh shit!"

Actually the Austin sign said..

"Turn Back Now. Zombies ahead, run towards cold Climates."

I was something like that... The local news showed it...

It be even more funny if someone dressed up as a zombie and scared someone when they pass the sign.

Back