Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0xkEmXfHA

Those of you who badly want Sims 4, it will come out on September 2nd 2014 for the PC.

The graphics still kind of bug me, mostly the lighting, but I really love The Sims.  I'm sure it will be better than the 3rd and fix the problems it had.  The new editors look great too.  The Sims really is a comforting game and I was happy hear it's coming out in September.

ROFL. Died of laughing. I had a Sim die on the toilet once, but this wins! I didn't get into the Sims 3 but maybe this one will be fun. My Girlfriend plays the Sims Social in her phone, apparently there used to be a Facebook App too but it closed down :(

September 2nd, not too long away, I can wait for this but I’m defiantly buying it because of the massive customisation and the thing about being able to control their hearts. I don't even know what that means exactly but it sounds so cool!

The graphics of Sims 3 and 4 got crappy. They are more cartoonish then realistic, which I don't like.
However, the various new features she showed us seem cool. I wonder how you can manage your Sim and let him/her stay happy while, as in the example, being a hothead and mad quite often.
I'm interested to see more about this game!

I agree about the graphics.  I wish they made it like the old Sims, where it's just a light hearted life simulator, but they have their target audience that they chose to appeal to now so it has a different style and it's easier to run.  The gameplay demo made it look like a reality show but of course the actual game doesn't have to be like that.  I think they've shown enough of the game, they're probably not gonna do anything unpredictable, just the same thing but more content and improvements.

I can't wait for this game to come out I'm very excited. I love all the SIM games, SIMS 4 is the fourth and upcoming installment of the SIMS series set for release in September. It features all new game mechanics never before seen and better engine compared to SIMS 3 for a more realistic experience. SIMS 4 also features the first set of emotions for SIMS and influences experience and  story creation of your SIMS. SIMS 4 is going to be built to an entirely new technology making SIMS 3 not transferable to the new game. I definitely will  be purchasing this game I know it will deliver.    

So exciting! I'm really interested to see what the new features are like in the game! I agree about the graphics like a few have mentioned above. But the games are fantastic and really well made, no real complaints here. Can't wait for the 4th version!

I know how I can explain it better: Sims 1 and 2 (except for the binge dlc's)  were " where it's just a light hearted life simulator". In short: they were life simulators, where the users creativity made the gameplay for itself. This is often a great formula, if presented right to the player.

The more recent Sims games, have more features but less of what I described above. Players, can't decide goals for the characters anymore, those life goals are created by the game. It's a lot more fun when a player can think like: "The goal of this person is to get the top promotion of the military profession" or "The goal of that character is to have a lot of kids" or just the think we did most in Sims 1: "This guy get's to have a huge cemetery in his backyard".

Anyway, the game gets more features, at cost of the creativity of the player.
Hope you guys get what I try to say.

I agree.  I don't like having to choose predetermined goals.  The traits they showed seem the same too.  I wish traits were more subtle and something that could be developed and acquired but there is some fun in adding them sometimes.    I guess I wish it was more natural than adding something unchangeable from a list.

I am a huge fan of The Sims and I have played it since I was just a little kid. The Sims allowed me to live another life that was usually much for interesting. Now that The Sims 4 is coming, I can't wait to relive all those experiences and also see what The Sims has turned into after all these years.

Back