Single Card Download Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Awards
Credits
I'm new here and couldn't find this thread anywhere (and little info on the web). But I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive list of games which supports single card download play (local multiplayer with 2 3ds' using a single game card)? I asked Nintendo Customer support and they still haven't gotten back to me. I know MarioKart 7 is one of them and Starfox (I think) but I was looking for a list of all 3ds games which supports this. If this also works with DS games on the 3DS I would appreciate that too.

Hmm, I don't know if I'll personally be able to help compiling a list, that seems like a tough job. All I know is games state if they support download play on the back of the box (or in the e-manual I assume).

If you insert a DS card into a 3DS, yes, you can use the Download Play function on the DS game with the 3DS to connect to another DS. I tried this with Mario Hoops 3 on 3 (a DS game) inserted in my 3DS (and playing with my old DS).

Of course, Mario Kart 7 download play won't work with a 3DS and DS. But Mario Kart DS download play will work with a 3DS and DS.

Thanks, NintenDan. I recently got a second 3DS for my son and I'm trying to figure out which games to get so we can play together without having to buy 2 game cards.

Jackpot! If anyone else is interested I did find a list of DS games which utilizes Single Card Download Play.

http://www.dssinglecard.com/

Took a little digging to find, and the site is a bit dated but there's a lot of info there.

Well I'm happy to hear you found a good website then! It does look a little old but hey, it's got the content, like you said. I'll close this topic now because we've found a solution and I don't want random people posting in here now, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back