Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Though the release of a brand new trailer for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time today is great, the biggest news regarding Sly’s new adventure is that you won’t have to pay full price when it launches on February 5th in North America.

Previously expected to be $59.99 and $39.99 on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, both versions will now be $39.99 and $29.99 respectively. In addition, Thieves in Time will still support Cross Buy, meaning that for your $40 purchase of the PS3 copy, you’ll also receive a downloadable PS Vita version free!

If you want to try the game out before you buy it, PlayStation Plus members will be able to download a brand new PS3 demo (different than the one within the Ratchet & Clank Collection) on January 22nd. Everyone else, including PS Vita owners, will then get demo access beginning on January 29th.

Here was the game makers reasons:

What is the reason for the price cut?
We want to make it a no-brainer purchase!
Is the price drop because of the length of the game? Or is it to get as many new Sly fans as possible?
As many fans as possible. Believe me, it’s not going to be any less of a Sly experience!
Does the $39.99 price tag mean it will have less content?
Nope. That’s your assumption – truth is, there’s PLENTY PLENTY. Price doesn’t always equal quality or content.
$39.99? Does that mean you have low confidence in the sales?
It’s a competitive market right now! We want to make sure this is a purchase you don’t have to think twice about. It’s gonna be a great game and we want to make sure as many people as possible can enjoy it =)

Source

Good as this is, I pre-ordered this for the full $60 at gamestop. I better get my $20 back.......

You'll get the money back. And I'm glad they did this. I saw the price cut on GameStop and thought it was pre-order only. I get two games for $40. :)

I better, now for the topic at hand. How does a game that is unreleased have a price cut? It's like Sanzaru Games is giving a huge middle finger to how video games are priced. And for that I think I will become their fan boy :grin:

Remember when I said games are gettin cheaper? Yeah, I was right. :p Also, they probably know it won't do as good as they hoped at $60, but they will make more sales at $40.

"Also, they probably know it won't do as good as they hoped at $60, but they will make more sales at $40." I seriously doubt that is even a consideration.

Back