Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What happened to 6 or more year longer console cycles? They are gone, long gone.

Recent rumors via Kotaku and Polygon hint that Microsoft will release two new versions of the Xbox One within the coming year or two.

The first one will be a slimmed down version of the current hardware with a new controller design to it which will be about 40 percent smaller and may have 4k resolution support. The other is code name Scorpio which will be four times stronger than the current Xbox one which will run at 6 teraflops.

This is currently a Rumor!

But if true, by 2017 Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft will all release a new console which may bring about the 9th generation consoles early.

I wish they wouldn't do this. Wish they make better consoles and just leave the longer console generations... that's the whole point of getting a console in my opinion.

I wish they wouldn't do this. Wish they make better consoles and just leave the longer console generations... that's the whole point of getting a console in my opinion.

very true, I never buy right away into a new generation so I don't get screwed over but those who have been fans since day one are getting a major middle finger right. Specially the Xbox one people who are still breaking in their system.

This stinks for people who recently got an Xbox One, and hoping it will have a long generation, so they don't have to buy another game console to play new games which will be released in the future.

Hopefully, there will still be Xbox One games which get release when the new more powerful Xbox is released in 2017.

Back