Smartest character in anime

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
Atashi tensai deso. Well, Itachi is the smartest character according to me. There are others like l from death note, lelouch from code geass, minato from naruto and some others as well.
What about you guys?
Who is the smartest character according to you in anime?

What do you mean exactly by smallest?

hrmm, I must have been distracted while reading this.

Anyways, for me it would be Kisuke Urahara from Bleach. He is always ready for everything.
I don't remember urahara designing anything big.
He is smart but like Itachi, we never knew how far his skills went(not physical skills)

I don't remember urahara designing anything big.
He is smart but like Itachi, we never knew how far his skills went(not physical skills)

Not anything big? Try the whole squad 12 research squad. If that don't cut it for you, then rewatch Aizen's defeat.

Indeed, Itachi was sick so we never got to see his full potential.

Not anything big? Try the whole squad 12 research squad. If that don't cut it for you, then rewatch Aizen's defeat.

Indeed, Itachi was sick so we never got to see his full potential.
Well it didn't impress be much but like l from death note and the other characters that I have mentioned.
I would like to see itachi's full power someday

Among all the anime I've already watched, I'd say the smartest is L from Death Note. He's the weirdest and coolest genius I've seen in anime.

The smartest anime character for me so far based on the animes that I've watched is Toa Tokuchi from the baseball anime One Outs. He has a unique pitching ability and a puzzling game strategy with a gambler's mind to crush his opponents psychologically.

I would say Light Yagami from death note, well if we are talking to a more realistic and in depth showing of intelligence. Yes I know that their are more anime characters that clearly surpasses him but I just got to say how he was presented and how intricate and detailed his actions are and down to the smallest of details well that is the one that really got me convinced that Light Yagami is one of the best presented Intelligent anime character.

The smartest anime character for me would be San Guko. I know that Dragon Ball is an old anime but it's my childhood favorite and I still like the story of Dragon Ball and San Guko's character. For me he's very smart because he knows when and how to attack his opponents. I still remember feeling very frustrated because I thought he's going to die only to find out that he was thinking of a strategy and was able to kill his opponent afterwards.

In my opinion, the smartest anime character is Orochimaru because he is always thinking outside the box. It's just that he is too greedy. I am not sure if he is really a good guy now in the Boruto series. It's like he has always some hidden agenda.

For me, Near or Nate River because he is gifted, has a quick mind that allows him to counter move after move by Light and Mello. His calm demeanor surpasses even L's, allowing him to push aside personal feelings and choose the most logical course of action.

I have heard of all the characters that you guys mentioned.
Thank you for sharing your opinions with me. I didn't know goku is smart till now. I will try to watch dragon ball sometime.

Among all the anime I've already watched, I'd say the smartest is L from Death Note. He's the weirdest and coolest genius I've seen in anime.
I agree with you. He is not the flashy - I know it all type. He is quite a contrast from other anime characters. True he is weird but he possess that mysterious dark horse kind of character that always gets triumphant at the end. I love L, maybe he is one of the most interesting character in all of the animes I have ever seen.

I would have to say the Naruto Strategist Shikamaru Nara is one of the smartest persons that I like. Second in my list is Conan Edogawa of Detective Conan.

When it comes to intelligence in general, I think I'd give my top one to Edogawa Conan or basically, Sinichi Kudo. Well he's a detective like L Lawliet, but I think his display of intellect is a little advanced more than the other characters. With few points less, I think the second would be Light Yagami. Oh well, maybe I'm just bias and they're the only genius anime character I know.

I do know if shikamaru but I never thought of him as the smartest character. I mean if you compared him with l from death note.... Never mind.
He is smart and we can't really compare characters from two different anime.

I agree with you. He is not the flashy - I know it all type. He is quite a contrast from other anime characters. True he is weird but he possess that mysterious dark horse kind of character that always gets triumphant at the end. I love L, maybe he is one of the most interesting character in all of the animes I have ever seen.
Yes! "Interesting" is one good adjective for him. I like protagonists who don't show so much of themselves, the mysterious type of characters that would make you want to learn more about them.

Can't really choose, so I list down some, they are not ranked.
Lelouch from Code Geass
Dazai Osamu from Bungou Stray Dogs
Katsuragi Keima from The World God Only knows
Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate

Back