froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Wow, these look like two nice affordable smartphones with long battery life. I like that the one of the other smartphones can also be used to charge another smartphone like charging an iPhone in this video.

Yeah, we need batteries with capacities at minimum like that if we're going to be employing phones with even more cores. Anything under like 3000 mah is just not enough. Truthfully if Blu can offer a smartphone for under $200 with a 5000 mah battery... Why can't a big name like Samsung do it? I mean seriously, they could easily make a high end phone (like their Note series) with a powerful processor, loads of RAM, external storage, huge and beautiful screen and a massive capacity battery to keep it going for what they normally charge and still make money.

Yeah, we need batteries with capacities at minimum like that if we're going to be employing phones with even more cores. Anything under like 3000 mah is just not enough. Truthfully if Blu can offer a smartphone for under $200 with a 5000 mah battery... Why can't a big name like Samsung do it? I mean seriously, they could easily make a high end phone (like their Note series) with a powerful processor, loads of RAM, external storage, huge and beautiful screen and a massive capacity battery to keep it going for what they normally charge and still make money.

they make more money by slowly rolling out the upgrades leading to all the loads of features.

they make more money by slowly rolling out the upgrades leading to all the loads of features.

Apple seems to slowly rolls out upgrades to make money.

There are also articles online which say Apple sometimes release software, and hardware updates to make their older smartphones slower when a new iPhone is released, so users would upgrade to the newest model.

Very interesting. I had no idea that we had this type of technology available yet. How long until all smartphone manufacturers adopt it?

I think it may take a while for smartphones made by Americans, Japanese and South Korean phone brands to add a bigger battery because companies still think most users want a thinner phone, so phones will fit in users tight pockets on tight clothing like tights.

Some people in America are sensitive to the weight of their smartphones, and may complain when a smartphone is slightly more heavy because of a larger sized battery which can hold more power.

I think in countries like China, and Russia people are more used to holding heavy tools like shovels, and hammers, so they are less likely to complain about the size and weight of their smartphones, and rather buy a phone with a large battery which can hold a lot of power.

I'd rather have the better phone, even if it does make it a little bit bigger. I carry my phone in my purse, I don't ever carry it around in my pocket.

Anyway, I hope they don't take too long to get everyone else up to speed on this.

Back