Smash Bros. 4 Drops Story Mode, Gains Customization

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/19082/20130725/super-smash-bros-news-no-story-mode.htm

Well it's official. Nothing like the SSE. Which I'm okay with. I didn't care for the SSE. It was fun at first, but it quickly got old after 100%ing it and it has no replayablity. Besides doing it in co-op, but no more.

However, it's also been confirmed that there will be customization, which I'm cool with. It's not just explained how.

I'm very excited by this news. I doubt it'll be like the Soul Calibur way that I want where you buy weapons for characters and stuff like that, but you know what... it's something.

Oh also, it is explained that there will be no story mode because Sakurai doesn't want the cutscenes on the internet to ruin it... Ok I'll admit that's a stupid reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noo!! Wtf man? That is a really stupid reason to get rid of story mode. I enjoyed playing story mode and unlocking characters through it. It's going to suck if everyone is given from the start, and for customization is there really a need for that? Yes it sounds interesting and it's always great to see some new game mechanics Introduced to the franchise, but then again I don't think there should be a need to improve a characters perfromance. I really hope Sakurai reveals more information on it. I'm fine with the idea of customization...
I'm still shocked/bummed out there will be no story mode.

Well, this is depressing news -.- I loved SSBB so much because of the story! I'm still gonna give the game a try, but I'll probably play it for a week now then get bored of the repetitive structure >.<

I hope we'll at least get an "adventure" mode of some sort. I can live without a Story like the SSE because that must take a lot of space and that is what makes brawl unique. Each game seems to retain something that makes it unique. If we lose something we gain something so it's never completely bad news. The game is still a decent ways away from release and a lot can be done in that amount of time.

I heard about the whole problem with posting cutscenes on youtube, but I also heard that they were going to make the story so that wouldn't work (I forgot the exact wording used)... Hmm :c

Goddamn Youtube ruined it and Sakurai stated that it ruined the beauty of watching it on the ACTUAL game and not on the internet.Still,that sucks.

Like I said it's a dumb reason, but really the SSE wasn't all that, imo. I do hope that they have an adventure mode like in SSBM though. I mean I can still play that all the time making new stories for every character I play as.

Well the reason they might have possibly dropped it is that the 3DS has weaker hardware than the Wii U so the lengths of the adventure would probably be different in both versions of the game making it unfair.

Well the reason they might have possibly dropped it is that the 3DS has weaker hardware than the Wii U so the lengths of the adventure would probably be different in both versions of the game making it unfair.

They could just make two different storylines :S It'd help in getting people to buy the game on both consoles!

They could just make two different storylines :s It'd help in getting people to buy the game on both consoles!

Like Sonic Generations? I've never played the 3DS version, but I've heard that it's different.

They could just make two different storylines :s It'd help in getting people to buy the game on both consoles!

Like Sonic Generations? I've never played the 3DS version, but I've heard that it's different.

I never played Sonic Generations so I cannot say, but more like that new LEGO game... The undercover one? The 3DS is the prequel of the Wii U game ^^

No SSE? NOOOOO! GREAT JOB YOUTUBE YOU... YOU... YOU... YOUTUBE! YOU RUINED THE NEXT GAME FOR ME ALMOST KINDA SORTA!

When I saw the word customization did anyone else think of pit?

I think that instead of a story we'll probably get some tournament mode where if we get some streak we fight a character that we can unlock which, I guess could work depending on how they do it.

Back