Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
You can now pre-order the Smash Bros Ultimate GameCube Controller on Amazon right now, which will cost you $30. The controller will use the same adapter as the Wii U uses, so for the Wii U owners, you are pretty much set unless you've worn down the Wii U Gamecube controllers.

This honestly made me chuckle a little bit, and I'll explain why. But before I continue, I want to make it clear that I don't hate Nintendo by any means. Nintendo pretty much made my childhood, and I'll forever love them for that.

But anyway, I chuckled because the first thing I thought to myself was, "Oh, classic Nintendo is at it again. Re-releasing old products for the fanboys to eat up." I just find it funny how Nintendo often makes a killing from rehashing old video games and hardware, year after year. But hey, more power to them. They aren't one of the world's biggest companies for no reason.

Regarding the actual product, it does look like a neat controller for Smash fans, and does come at a fair price. But I personally really disliked the Gamecube controller, almost as much as the N64 one. However, the C-Stick alone is worth putting up with the clunky button layout.

I just don't understand why people can't just learn the new controls like the rest of us. I personally prefer using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, but I don't see them rereleasing those to be Switch compatible.

Back