Smurfs in game

NameGervin

Full GL Member
Credits
"Smurf" (noun) is used to refer to an experienced player who creates a new account for the purposes of being matched against inexperienced players for easy wins. They make accounts maybe because their original accounts have been banned or lost. But most of the time they help their friends to climb or grind.

Almost all in my games there's alot of smurf people. They are actually hard to defeat and outplay. They mostly destroy the fun of the game and community.

Have you ever matched with a smurf in your game? What do you think about them?

Whenever I sense that I'm playing with a smurf, I either avoid encounters with that player or even put myself to his/her level. I also play with a smurf account sometimes so I know how smurf accounts behave.

What you can do to protect your team against such smurfs is to help them avoid that smurf and deny kills for that smurf so that he wouldn't be treated as such a threat. Works for me most of the time. ;)

first I'm ever hearing of this.

I learned about Smurf in league :)

Also there are 'Pilots' referring to people who play on their friends low elo account to 'boost' their elo/rank.

I don't happen to get matched versus smurfs in CS:GO that often. Maybe 1 game out of every 20 because I'm a high rank already. But with cheaters - 1 game out of every 4. Sometimes it's even more frequently.

I never knew of these so called Smurfs at all.
I never thought of abandoning my own account or doing something bad to get banned....

Heard about this but the type of games that I play, it wouldn't really matter. I mainly play Fortnite Battle Royale and one of the reasons why people don't wanted a ranked mode is because of this tbh.

Back