So.... How are you feeling about Nintendo's 2019 lineup so far?

Dan The Man

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
On one hand it might seem too early to bring this up as we're just now approaching the fall. BUT on the other, we just had a Nintendo Direct where three first-party 2019 titles were announced. Nintendo's actually shown quite a bit of their hand for next year. First-party-wise, we've got:

-Animal Crossing
-NSMBU
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Fire Emblem
-Pokemon Gen 8
-Daemon X Machina
-Yoshi's Crafted World
-Town

At the rate of one first party title a month (which Nintendo has generally been adhering to with the Switch), this covers the release schedule for about half, or two-thirds of the year.

You also have the potential for these titles to drop:

Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

First of all, how are you feeling about this lineup? If you were a bit disenfranchised with 2018, is this lineup looking better to you? Why or why not? And what else do you expect to see / realistically hope for that hasn't already been announced?

The following:

-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Fire Emblem
-Pokemon Gen 8

Will make 2019 a hugely successful year for both the Switch and Nintendo, no questions or doubts.

What I'm excited for, in order.

Fire Emblem
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Gen 8

Even though I get bored of AC fast, and it would usually be on the bottom of a list, we don't know enough about LM3 or Pokemon Gen 8. If Luigi's Mansion has a mission select like Luigi's Mansion 2, then I'll be less excited for it. As for Pokemon gen 8, we know almost nothing so it's hard to generate hype around that. Same with all these games actually. We haven't seen a whole lot.

Yea! I'm so excited for Luigi's Mansion 3. I have been wishing that they'd would make another Luigi's Mansion game and I'm glad that they're making one for the Nintendo Switch. It just sucks that I have to wait till next year.

Yeah, hopefully. I would like to get it for my birthday or for Christmas next year. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Back