So Navi is worse now?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
…There are so many clear improvements in the 3DS release that it’s tough to quibble, but I could do without the extra comments from Link’s fairy companion Navi, whose distracting alerts were already borderline annoying in the original game. While she does sometimes give useful hints, more often then not she interrupts the game to repeatedly suggest that you take a break from playing or go watch a hint movie. Turning to her for advice when I’m hopelessly stuck only to get great tips like ‘Keep Moving!’ or ‘The barrier is blocking the door, there must be some way of opening it’ is like pouring salt into a wound.

From Nintendo Power...

wait a minute? Shouldn't the hint system mean we should have made sure the character shuts the hell up, as it kinda replaces her purpose? Why Nintendo, why? Shouldn't this be the chance to fix this complaint, now you have a proper hint system? Why make it ten times worse when it should all be optional in the first place?

Heck, here's an idea... why do we need 'helpers' or 'companions' in Zelda games? Why not a game with none at all? No Navi, no Tatl, no King of Red Lions, no Ezlo, no Midna... just Link on his own exploring dungeons and stuff.

How about it?

Heck, here's an idea... why do we need 'helpers' or 'companions' in Zelda games? Why not a game with none at all? No Navi, no Tatl, no King of Red Lions, no Ezlo, no Midna... just Link on his own exploring dungeons and stuff.
Because that would get lonely. Besides which, they are needed for telling the story, since Link himself is mute.
Anyway, I like Tatl, King of Red Lions and Midna; the only one i don't much like is Navi, and even then i don't hate her.
Personally i think this all just proves that the developers have a sense of humour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if it'd be lonely, was Zelda 1 lonely? Adventure of Link? A Link to the Past? Link's Awakening? Oracle of [name]?

Why would they be any more needed now?

WEll... They're useful that's why. Well Navi and Tatl were helpful and they told you bosses weaknesses. KoRL was the most pointless helper in any Zelda game I'll admit and he was an annoying character who told you nothing of importance. Ezlo wasn't too annoying and he told you were to go, and Midna was needed to beat TP so she was actually important to the story.

That's why. Also I'm someone that doesn't like figuring stuff out so they help.

Honestly, I'm not sure my brain can begin to grasp a concept like OOT without an annoying blue fairy following your every move and helping you aim at enemies because, apparantly, Link has depth perception problems.

WEll... They're useful that's why. Well Navi and Tatl were helpful and they told you bosses weaknesses. KoRL was the most pointless helper in any Zelda game I'll admit and he was an annoying character who told you nothing of importance. Ezlo wasn't too annoying and he told you were to go, and Midna was needed to beat TP so she was actually important to the story.

That's why. Also I'm someone that doesn't like figuring stuff out so they help.
what in god's name is Korl? never mind,read the whole post
tongue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That sure is going to get annoying. I guess I could always calmly shut the 3DS after getting REALLY annoyed, THEN SHAKE TO POUR OUT MY ANGER! That way I also will get play coins.

Am i the only one that likes navi? Lol i think its funny when he says listen,not annoying at all. Birdo's voice is 100x more annoying,and dont even get me started on Daisy

It's not that her voice or what she says is annoying in and of itself, it's just the frequency with which she says it that is annoying.

It's more annoying to have Gebora Kepora tell you everything again
Did you get all that?
Yes
-> No
And now the owl talks again >.>

And if the notes were actually Yen, rather than US dollars.

It's more annoying to have Gebora Kepora tell you everything again
Did you get all that?
Yes
-> No
And now the owl talks again >.>

You mean....

2011-05-12-333-Advice.jpg

(Thanks to Brawl in the Family, heh.)

Anyway, I found it funny when I used Navi's "Hey! Listen!" for my text message tone on my mobile. It was funny but when you're texting a few people at once, it can get annoying for you, heh. At least it's not my ring tone!!

I think in about every game there is someone to pester/pester you, although it is occasionally helpful.
oreallyowlzelda.jpg

DIEE!!!

Also I found this pic on a humor site which pretty much summarised the game :/
summary_image.jpg

Notice the "Navi wont STFU" part. As well as the "Hmm... maybe Navi knows".

Back