So, out of curiosity, who here owns a 3DS console?

I pre-ordered the black one [/subtle hint that I want the Early Bird award :3].

@kunino-sagiri
Thank You!!! Reaally nice review, detailed and they sound like they know what they are talking about.. dunno if they are bias, but what they said was similar to what all the other reviews say. Anyways, I ordered it.. looking forward to trying it out myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocking the Cosmo Black 3DS including a whole lot of portable gaming goodness to hold me over for a while:

• Super Street Fighter IV
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Okamiden
  • Pokemon Black & White
  • Jump Super Stars
  • Jump Ultimate Stars
  • Disgaea DS
  • Ghost Trick

I think I went a little overboard with the games though but it's all good, plenty to play.

So uh... when's the red version coming out? Because I really want that one, heh.

Anyone else kinda dissapointed at how DS games look on the 3DS?
Ooooh Skins, I want the Royal Flush one!
Is OkamiDen a good game?
Yay unrelated lines.

SM64DS looks way better on the 3ds,but mario&luigi:bowsers inside story looks worse.i dont know why

Is OkamiDen a good game?
Yay unrelated lines.

They look just like they do on a regular DS. But would it make any sense for them to look any better? I mean, isn't the 3DS only displaying the data from the game cartridge?
I have kept my DSi for this purpose. My regular DS games I will play on my DSi, since they're not different and the battery life on the DSi is so much better.

Is OkamiDen a good game?
Yay unrelated lines.

Doesn't really bother me that much after playing for while, I got used to the upscaling. Though, it's possible for Nintendo to release in a future update another pixel scaling algorithm to compensate for the upsampling the 3DS has to do for DS games.

And about Okamiden, from what I tried so far it's a fun title. I've been playing Black more than anything right now so I can't get more in depth with Okamiden.

Is OkamiDen a good game?
Yay unrelated lines.

They look just like they do on a regular DS. But would it make any sense for them to look any better? I mean, isn't the 3DS only displaying the data from the game cartridge?
I have kept my DSi for this purpose. My regular DS games I will play on my DSi, since they're not different and the battery life on the DSi is so much better.
The top screen's pixels have been stretched. The bottom screen is the same though.

The top screen's pixels have been stretched. The bottom screen is the same though.

Not on mine... My Soul Silver Pokemon is exactly the same size on both screens as my DSi. I get two black strips down the sides of the top screen, no stretching.
That's strange, did you change the settings somehow?
Cause my Pokemon Black/White/Pearl/Diamond/Platinum are all stretched

Nope, I didn't touch any settings, I just put the game straight in.
I just checked and my Pearl is displaying fine too. Have you run the latest update?

Nope, I didn't touch any settings, I just put the game straight in.
I just checked and my Pearl is displaying fine too. Have you run the latest update?
It's 1.1.0-1E, right? That's the latest update I have...

I figured it out! I actually did have the black lines. Still blurry though.

Cool
smile.gif
Did you have to change something for it to work? I don't have any issues with the display being blurry.
No it was just the fact that I couldn't tell where the DS ended and the screen started. The Blurriness is just annoying me ever so slightly, but I can live with it... for now.

Back