So the Ouya is pretty much dead...

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
So much so they put themselves up for sale to try and cover their debts:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/28/8509005/ouya-android-microconsole-reportedly-seeking-buyer-debt

Honestly, I'm not sure how they expected anything else to happen. I mean, their games were literally just Android games, except you could play them on a TV. Does anyone really care that much for smartphone games they'd ever really buy a console to play them?

And they just didn't have the resources or budget to compete in this crowded market. I mean, there's a reason Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are the only companies currently making systems, and that's because they're massive corporations with billions of dollars in the bank. A small startup with a few million from a Kickstarter campaign didn't stand a chance...

What do you think about the Ouya and its demise.

Sad. I wanted to get one because I heard it was pretty efficient as an emulator. Now it's really expensive.

Oh wow, that's kind of sad. I remember all the hype about it, I was really interested in getting one. Then it just kin of... fell off the face of the earth? Honestly, with how fast the gaming market moves it's not surprising. It's an interesting idea, but seems kind of limited in it's uses compared to other devices out there that can do the same things...

Back