So, what is your day job anyway?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
For those that even have one?

For me, it's in web design and development (and a bit of marketing). It's okay, though I'm looking for something new soon.

How about you?

I work a factory job... I'm also partly a writer. I've been working on a book for a little over 2 years now.

I'm currently a bank teller, though that's just a summer job. Going to school to be a software developer, which is something I really enjoy doing. My current job is interesting enough, kinda cool to see 'behind the counter' even if it's not all that exciting in reality.

House wife and freelance digital artist for me! I have a BFA in Technical Theater with a focus on Costuming and Puppetry, but chose not to go into that- too much travel would be involved, and it wouldn't work with my husbands career as am IT person; sometimes I miss theater though. Anyway, you can see some of my work at my DeviantART.

Factory jobs still exist?
Of course. Mine happens to be a company that works for Honda. Though it's not Honda it's two companies that also make parts for Honda. I think. I'm not actually sure I just work there and get paid. xD

My job is currently accessing the internet and randomly browsing websites like YouTube and this place....

OK, I do have an unpaid voluntary job involving operating backups for data at over 30-40 servers at a hospital (ESH, for those who know what I mean), but does that count?

My job is currently accessing the internet and randomly browsing websites like YouTube and this place....

OK, I do have an unpaid voluntary job involving operating backups for data at over 30-40 servers at a hospital (ESH, for those who know what I mean), but does that count?

So you backup data? That seems like a very... repetitive job. No wonder you spend so much time on the internet!

So you backup data? That seems like a very... repetitive job. No wonder you spend so much time on the internet!
It's not that repetitive....

I go on, check the previous day's backups... have lunch.... replace backup tapes.... go home -- but only two days a week.

I have... NOTHING to do for the next six weeks. I've finished high school, and am going to university to do business in September. I might be getting a job at a local hotel, but for the most part, it's a six week holiday for me!

Landscaper, PC Technician, and freelance artist / graphic designer. Ever an aspiring vocalist and voice artist.

Ugh...well I'm a Sales Associate at a store currently (lol minimum wage jobs). However, I've done freelance Graphic Design work while still in college, and worked for a photography studio as an intern for a few months where I did photography (obviously), photo editing, video editing, website layouts, and designed a magazine in the works by the shop owner.

Unfortunately the unpaid internship is where I did the most impressive work. I also make some crappy art in my free time :p

Minimum wage jobs are the worst. It makes me glad I never had to work retail, since I couldn't cope with the environment there.

I currently work my families farm. On the side I make a living doing web design for local friends, installing car stereos, building and repairing PCs, and I repair and build firearms (don't worry it's all legal). In my free time I volunteer for several organizations and out reach programs.

Currently looking for a steady job again, just put my application in at a local plant that manufactures guns (won't say the name but it's a big name company). I'm hopeful that I will get it.

After I get a steady job I'm going to be working towards becoming an apprentice to a blacksmith and later on a gunsmith. I hope to eventually one day open my own business making custom rifles, shotguns, and pistols. My ultimate goal is to get good enough with metal to be able to make my own revolver from a solid block of metal. :)

If you can't tell I'm a big fan of shooting and shoot my guns every chance I get. :grin: I'm currently building myself a new rifle (an AR-15) just to learn how it works. Plus I needed a new gun for hunting deer anyway so I figured why not.

I'm still currently a student, but I have a part time job working within a supermarket to help pay for things; games, school stuff, etc. It's an okay job, tedious, but it's okay. The people I work with are pretty awesome. :p

I'm still currently a student, but I have a part time job working within a supermarket to help pay for things; games, school stuff, etc. It's an okay job, tedious, but it's okay. The people I work with are pretty awesome. :p

So pretty typical for a student I guess. Then again, it's better than fast food when it comes to paying your way through college...

Ugh...well I'm a Sales Associate at a store currently (lol minimum wage jobs)

Im also an associate at a minimum wage retail job : p

I also used to play in a band, and we were professional, we played paying gigs and everything. But thats kinda dried up in the past few years. Weve become inactive, currently dont have a serious drummer, and my friend/ our guitarist is busy with his new writing internship. But we are currently working on starting back up again, we are even meeting with other musicians in our city right now. So things might pick back up again.

Back