So what would you say was Nintendo's most stupid decision?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Other than the Virtual Boy/CD-i, because those are so patently obvious they're not interesting to even read about/discuss any more.

Recently, it seems like the most stupid decision seems to be the Mario Tennis Open region locked online multiplayer, probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

What do you think is Nintendo's most ridiculous decision in recent history?

Making the N64 use cartridges. Otherwise, Sony would be near dead. FF7 would be on the n64, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, etc. Sure, they're on Nintendo systems, but still, it has impacted nintendo ever since 3D gaming was a big thing.

Not adding a color pallet for gameboy games on the 3ds all you get is original gameboy black and white and the other option is green and black, at least make the games that had a build in pallet for when you use it with the Super Gameboy, have color…

Making only Mario playable in NSMBW

Making only Mario playable in NSMBW

Do you mean the only option of choice to Player 1? Because Player 2 and beyond gets the option of playing Luigi or either the Toads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say the Wi-fi problem in SSBB. I mean a little lag is ok (not reall), but Brawl has really, really bad lag.

Not adding a second circle pad to the 3DS XL No GBA VC for 3DS

putting jigglypuff in all the smash bros games removing the backwards compatabilty in the new wiis

3DS Ambassador's Program.

Nintendo doesn't seem to want my $20's...

It'll come eventually. Just give it another year or two.
Actually I don't care about the lack of the second circle pad, I'm just poking fun at those that are like "RAWR Y U NO ADD SECOND CIRCLEPAD??? NO BUY!!!"
tongue.gif
I was talking about the GBA games on the virtual console, not the second circle pad. I don't think a second circle pad will ever be built in to the console.

putting jigglypuff in all the smash bros games removing the backwards compatabilty in the new wiis
Those Wiis were just budget versions, though. The GameCube backwards compatibility was removed to be able to sell them for less to casual gamers. The normal version of the Wii was and is still being sold alongside it, so I don't see the problem.

It'll come eventually. Just give it another year or two.
Actually I don't care about the lack of the second circle pad, I'm just poking fun at those that are like "RAWR Y U NO ADD SECOND CIRCLEPAD??? NO BUY!!!"
tongue.gif
I was talking about the GBA games on the virtual console, not the second circle pad. I don't think a second circle pad will ever be built in to the console.

Those Wiis were just budget versions, though. The GameCube backwards compatibility was removed to be able to sell them for less to casual gamers. The normal version of the Wii was and is still being sold alongside it, so I don't see the problem.

really? correct me if im wrong, but ive only seen the normal version as used at gamestop, but if thats the case i dont mind that at all

Back