So why doesn't Miiverse work on a 3DS or Wii U browser again?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As you probably know by now, trying to use Miiverse via the 3DS or Wii U web browser (instead of the application) causes an error and doesn't let you login/post/view/whatever.

But why the hell is this? Why the heck does Miiverse not work with some browsers when the whole style is something that could be done in a completely cross browser way with minimum effort?

No offence, but Miiverse isn't some super fancy web application that needs fancy scripting or coding to get working. Using Flash for it like some people have mentioned? Ridiculous, like using a nuke to destroy a molehill. Really, it's basically just a 'fancy' piece of forum software with a few style changes, something that a semi competent team of web designers could do entirely in HTML, CSS and Javascript. Heck, I managed it in my personal mock up of Miiverse for an experiment, so Nintendo of Europe or America's designers/coders should have no trouble whatsoever.

So why doesn't Miiverse work in the 3DS or Wii U web browser again? Are those web designers at Nintendo of Japan just plain incompetent and unable to design a style/site with modern technology? It can't even be a 'Japan' thing here, because most Japanese internet browsers use their phones to surf the internet instead of a computer + web browser, and the likes of the iPhone don't even support Flash in any way...

What do you think about this?

Because there's no reason to go to the browser version when you have an app made SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR GOING TO IT'S PROPER CONSOLE/HANDHELD VERSION? Maybe they DON'T want you to go on through a 3DS browser?

It's the same thing with Flipnote Studio and Hatena. You aren't supposed to go on the website because you already have an application just for doing such. And i didn't see you complaining about that, Nin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much of an excuse. Many forums use Tapa Talk to let people use them with a mobile app (or a custom mobile app tailored for the forum), yet they don't block people using the site on a normal web browser.

You can browse this site with any theme installed (mobile or non), so it's no good excuse.

Not much of an excuse. Many forums use Tapa Talk to let people use them with a mobile app (or a custom mobile app tailored for the forum), yet they don't block people using the site on a normal web browser.

You can browse this site with any theme installed (mobile or non), so it's no good excuse.

"oh i want to brows an application's website without going to the application myself because i want to be special"

Your excuse is no better.

Well for one there is a miiverse app for the wii U BUILT into the system software. Why in gods name would you want to go to the web browser which as it stands is inferior to the actual application. The 3DS however will be getting miiverse later this year as Nintendo has stated. and tbh the 3DS browser is horrible so why would you want to access it from a 3DS anyway? Smartphones, iPod's etc handle that much better.

Back