Social networks that are only available as apps?

Yes, Social Networks which are only apps can be considered social networks.

But, I feel app-only social networks are less social and open by making it app-only. People who don't own a smartphone, and tablet can't use these social networks because they don't own a Android or iOS device. A lot of the times social apps don't have a Windows Phone, Symbian, or Blackberry version, so people can't use them, so these apps basically force you to use Android or iOS if you want to use their apps.

People without mobile devices can always use an Android emulator like Bluestack, or install Android on their PC's, but this requires some technical knowledge which many people still don't have.

I feel Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube are more social because they have a website, so most people with a computer which can run Firefox, Chrome, and a newer version of Internet Explorer like IE 11 or Edge can use most of the features on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

A lot of the times social apps don't have a Windows Phone, Symbian, or Blackberry version, so people can't use them, so these apps basically force you to use Android or iOS if you want to use their apps.
You are wrong regarding Windows phone doesn't, I'm using a windows phone myself with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram app. And yes they are from the social media themselves. With Instagram I can upload images and video.

social networking won't stop the web based, they can't otherwise they loss profits from advertisement and other mislays. Yes allot more people like myself are doing though phone since it's easier

You are wrong regarding Windows phone doesn't, I'm using a windows phone myself with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram app. And yes they are from the social media themselves. With Instagram I can upload images and video.

social networking won't stop the web based, they can't otherwise they loss profits from advertisement and other mislays. Yes allot more people like myself are doing though phone since it's easier

I think Pinterest, and some smaller social networks are no longer making their app available on Windows Phone. But, most of the big social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have a Windows Phone app.

Although, Google Plus, and YouTube are not available on Windows Phone.

I agree, social networking apps won't stop their websites because they will lose profits from ads, sponsorship, and virtual cash for games like FarmVille, and Candy Crush Saga on Facebook website games where there are some gamers who spend many dollars on virtual cash and items when they play these desktop website games on Facebook.

I think there will always be a large group of people like the unemployed, disabled, and retired people who enjoy using a web browser to go on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram because they are at home a lot, so they can easily turn on their desktop computer, and spend many hours on social networks to see what celebrities, friends and family are up to, and to be less bored by playing a farming, sims, and virtual pet game online. There are also many users who stream free music and video which someone uploaded to a social site for fans to listen to.

Plus, a lot of people tend to eat snacks while they browse the internet at home, and a desktop PC or smart TV is one of the best ways to browse the web because the screen is bigger, and you don't need to hold your device.

If its mobile only, I really don't bother with it.

I find the social networks that are mobile only annoying. I like to be able to access things on my computer. I'm not a member to any social network that is mobile only, and don't plan on becoming one anytime soon.

Well, I believe whatsapp is one such app.
To be honest, I don't get social media in the first place and why people are so obsessed with them....

Well, I believe whatsapp is one such app.
To be honest, I don't get social media in the first place and why people are so obsessed with them....

Whatsapp now has a web browser version at WhatsApp Web , but you still need a smartphone to scan a QR barcode to use it on a web browser, and login to your WhatsApp account.

I think people like social networks because they are free to use unlike a smartphone where you need to pay money for a phone number, phone connection, the phone, repairs, and other smartphone related fees.

But, with social networks, you can use them to talk to people for free on a free computer at the public library or school, and the social network account is free.

I don't get it why some apps are only mobile, it be better and convenient if they have PC. Cus people nowaways jumps time to time from phone to PC real quick.

I don't get it why some apps are only mobile, it be better and convenient if they have PC. Cus people nowaways jumps time to time from phone to PC real quick.

Maybe some apps are secretly making a PC program or desktop web browser version for their app, but don't want to announce that they are making a desktop app to avoid embarrassing themselves because it is taking them a long time to make the desktop app because of technical problems, and poor time management like how it takes a long time for a desktop PC program maker to make a mobile version of their PC program.

There are Android emulators, and the Windows Store with mobile apps which let you use mobile apps on a PC, so most people maybe fine with using an Android app on Windows, or downloading the Windows store mobile version of an App to use on a PC.

Back