Solid Red light?

PieGuy02

That one Random guy with everything unfitting.
Awards
Credits
Just a while ago,I opened and turned on my 3DS XL and then something shocked me.The Notification LED on my 3DS XL showed a still Red light for about 20 seconds.It wasn't blinking,and my 3DS battery-life light was blue,meaning it wasn't dying.Here's the normal colors:

Orange light = Friend Online

Blue light = Spotpass content

Green light = Streepass stuff

Blinking Red light = It about to die.

Can someone please explain this to me?Will my 3DS XL die soon?I'm scared. '~'

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it was solid red and not solid orange?

If not, i'm not even sure. Try turning it on and back off again, if it does it again i'm afraid it can't be fixed.

I know that if your 3DS is closed, after blinking, the LED stays on. At least I think that's what happens.

Most likely it was actually an orange light, meaning a friend was online.

Hmm, I tried to do some research for you but could only find stuff about the battery being low o.o

I do think maybe that it was just the orange light, there has been times when I thought my 3DS was dying after mistaking the orange light for the red one >.<

The LED light NEVER lights up solid red, if the battery is low. It only flashes red, when it's very low, but never just solid red.

By NEVER, I mean "should never".

If not, i'm not even sure. Try turning it on and back off again, if it does it again i'm afraid it can't be fixed.

Hmm, I tried to do some research for you but could only find stuff about the battery being low o.o

I do think maybe that it was just the orange light, there has been times when I thought my 3DS was dying after mistaking the orange light for the red one >.<

I know that if your 3DS is closed, after blinking, the LED stays on. At least I think that's what happens.

It was NOT an orange light.I swear!I have a 3DS XL and the color is easier to see,and I said that it wasn't flashing.It was just a still red light that lasted a couple seconds...

>Hmm, I tried to do some research for you but could only find stuff about the battery being low o.o

It was NOT an orange light.I swear!I have a 3DS XL and the color is easier to see,and I said that it wasn't flashing.It was just a still red light that lasted a couple seconds...

Hmm, then this issue must be very rare o.o Was there anything new happening when the red light appeared?

I don't think it's broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

>>Hmm, I tried to do some research for you but could only find stuff about the battery being low o.o

lockquote>

>I know that if your 3DS is closed, after blinking, the LED stays on. At least I think that's what happens.

Hmm, then this issue must be very rare o.o Was there anything new happening when the red light appeared?

Nothing out of the ordinary.Just a red light.Other people are saying thats it's a sign saying that your 3DS battery (the actual battery) is halfway through it's life.

Back