Some Wii U News

Breaking news from europe the Wii U premium pack and zombie U back is now sold out of preorders at major game retailer gamemania they have over 50 stores spread out europe espeacially in the netherlands and they are all out of pre orders as of the 2nd of october and are now excepting pre orders for the next shipment of Wii U's that will come sometime after the release date.

P.S. I changed my pre order to the zombie Wii U bundle on october 2nd too but before the announcement about this was made I hope to god that my pre order is still on the release list >.>
Holy run on sentences, batman!
But seriously, it took this long for Europe to sell out of pre-orders? No wonder why the Wii U is being released first in America. We are obviously the best consumers by far. I mean even our government spends money like it doesn't belong to them... oh wait.
Breaking news from europe the Wii U premium pack and zombie U back is now sold out of preorders at major game retailer gamemania they have over 50 stores spread out europe espeacially in the netherlands and they are all out of pre orders as of the 2nd of october and are now excepting pre orders for the next shipment of Wii U's that will come sometime after the release date.

P.S. I changed my pre order to the zombie Wii U bundle on october 2nd too but before the announcement about this was made I hope to god that my pre order is still on the release list >.>
Holy run on sentences, batman!
But seriously, it took this long for Europe to sell out of pre-orders? No wonder why the Wii U is being released first in America. We are obviously the best consumers by far. I mean even our government spends money like it doesn't belong to them... oh wait.

Sorry for the sentences.

You do make a good point this is the first european retailer to openly say that their out of pre orders to my knowledge.

Breaking news from the netherlands the Wii U premium pack and zombie U back is now sold out of preorders at major game retailer gamemania they have over 61 stores spread out in the netherlandsand 40 in belgium and they are all out of pre orders as of the 2nd of october and are now excepting pre orders for the next shipment of Wii U's that will come sometime after the release date.

P.S. I changed my pre order to the zombie Wii U bundle on october 2nd too but before the announcement about this was made I hope to god that my pre order is still on the release list >.> also sorry if I'm not meant to post this information here if so this post can be removed.
This is an open topic, I don't mind ^_^ and thanks for the info.
  • Customizable menus on the Wii U? Ubisoft may have leaked that possibility.
  • Two new 3DS XL/LL models coming up: Mario and Animal Crossing: [attachment=855:mario3ds-big.jpg][attachment=856:mario-3dsxl.jpg][attachment=857:animal-crossing-3dsxl-big.jpg][attachment=858:animalcrossing-3ds-unit.jpg]
  • On Friday will be an AC related Nintendo Direct on Japan
  • Pre-Order your Wii U games at newegg.com and receive a $12 discount with the promo code EMCJNNH224
  • Project Car NEW trailer is simply stunning: [media]http://youtu.be/lOu72lbv2mM[/media]
  • Not realy Wii U news but check this out: [media]http://youtu.be/glC3zXaJjtQ[/media]
  • Wii U's gamepad Lag test, does it holds up? [media]http://youtu.be/gxIhZYjyBxc[/media]
  • MH3 Ultimate is going to run in 1080p and sorround sound on the Wii U.
  • GBA titles appear on the UK Nintendo website..... Minish Cap please bring me Minish Cap. Games that appear are
    • Super Mario Ball
    • Mario Golf Advance Tour
    • Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
  • Reggie claims that Miiverse will be Wii U's killer app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the gamepad seems much more responsive than I imagined!
Kyia, I love the WiiU just as I love WATERMELONS!! AND CHOCOLATE! KYIA!!

Grr...
I want the Wii U so much! Excuse me while I go to Nov. 18th! It's a long journey. If I drive there it will take me approximately 44 days.
Oh wait, grumble...

Wow, sorry folks been busy this past week haven't gotten time to keep on posting news.
  • NSMBU will run at full HD 1080p despite Nintendo reps saying that it wouldn't.
  • NSMU official site now live: http://newsupermario...u.nintendo.com/
  • Some iOS developer is claiming that the iPod Mini will be "one of the final nails in the coffin" referring to the handheld market.
  • Epic Micky Power of Illusion will be available eShop and Retail.
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Wii U cover art [attachment=865:injustice_gods_among_us_wii_u_box_art.jpg]
  • Danica Patrick on Sonic ASRT?
  • [media]http://youtu.be/V1EUJTKAaRs[/media]
  • Reggie claims that the Wii U will be able to go face to face with the PS4/X720. He says is all about the online experience.
  • Batman Arkam City Armored at Launch

iPod mini?! Please, How many years have people been claiming "iPod Touch is the end of handhelds!" or "Smartphones are gonna kill the 3DS!"

This whole thing is beginning to sound more like handHELL.

• No vertical Wii U for us folks. The design for the new console was made horizontal to distinguish it from the Wii. I guess they forgot the black horizontal Wii
  • Ubisoft was expecting the Wii U 's lauch to be way earlier:
    “To be honest, we were on Wii U very early – even for Origins.” “We did not know exactly when Nintendo would release the system, but we started making Origins for Wii U. [At that point], we thought Wii U would come out a lot earlier. We worked very closely with Nintendo [on Wii U] early on, giving them feedback on the various prototypes.” “When we finished Origins, it was time to start thinking about Wii U again, because [the hardware] was nearly complete,”
  • There was an Iwata Asks that revealed LOTS of Wii U details:
    • Iwata “never imagined” Wii would have a six-year hardware cycle.
    • Ko Shiota is the Deputy General Manager of the Product Development Department of the Integrated Research and Development Division. In simple English, he supervises the development of new hardware.
    • Wii U development felt like making a home console and handheld system at the same time.
    • Yasuhisa Kitano also works in the Product Development Department of the Integrated Research and Development Division. He was responsible for the mechanical design of Wii U. He made the casing for the system, as well as the cooling system and the connectors and cables.
    • Nobuyuki Akagi worked on the SDK (dev kit) software.
    • Development of Wii U really kicked off when HD hit a high point in terms of adoption rates in Japan and the United States. They wanted to make sure that everyone could enjoy the jump to HD without a disparate experience between users due to HD being a fairly new resolution.
    • Iwata: “In some respects, it was inevitable that if televisions changed, the video game consoles paired with them would also change.”
    • One of the aims with Wii U is shared with Wii – low power consumption, but high performance. (Versus high power to achieve high performance.) This is a strategy they’ve embraced since the GameCube.
    • The use of a multi-core CPU helped them lower power consumption. They’re also embedding it onto an MCM alongside the GPU in order to reduce cost and speed up the exchange of data while minimizing overhead. (In simple terms, it’s cheaper, faster, and wastes less processing power.) With GameCube and Wii, the CPU and GPU were separate. The MCM also takes up less space on the main board
    • The GPU and CPU are manufactured by different companies, so it was difficult to narrow down defects. In the end they needed to really pressure each company to narrow down potential problems.
    • They intentionally designed the Wii U system itself not to stand out. Instead, the focus will be on the GamePad.
    • Wii U generates about three times the amount of heat as Wii. Naturally, it comes with a more robust heat sink and larger ventilation fan.
    • There was a bit of a debate about whether the console should stand vertically like Wii or lie flat. The shape was settled upon pretty early on, and the focus on it being a horizontal system was introduced to distinguish it from Wii. They’re offering a stand so people who want it to be vertical can stand it up.
    • Even for Nintendo’s hardware and software engineers, it took a long time to optimize the performance of the CPU and GPU due to the hardware configuration! This is an encouraging sign for those who are hoping to see a substantial leap over last-gen’s HD systems.
    • Some defects weren’t detected until they performed an aging test (a test that requires that you place the hardware under sustained stress – i.e. leaving it on all day – before examining it).
    • Nintendo saw a lot of cooperation from its hardware partners in terms of optimizing the computer parts they used. They were able to take advantage of the engineers’ familiarity with Wii thanks to the backward compatibility. This familiarity helped lead to smaller parts that consumed less power.
    • They’ve made it easier to access USB ports and the Sync button on Wii U by putting two USB ports on the front of the system and placing the Sync button on the outside rather than behind a door. This time, the door for the SD port actually folds into the system instead of opening out.
    • Iwata: “No matter how great the numbers are that you can boast, can you only draw that out under certain conditions, or can you actually draw out its performance consistently when you use it? Insisting on the latter way of thinking has always been at the root of hardware and system development at Nintendo.”
    • Wii U not only allows the game system to not be a leech off the TV, it allows you to use it in many different ways even without turning on your TV.
    • The next Iwata Asks will focus on the Wii U GamePad.
  • Inside the Wii U:
    • [attachment=877:wii_u_transparent.jpg]
    • [attachment=875:original.jpg]
    • [attachment=868:wiiu-sync.jpg]
    • [attachment=867:wiiu-lid.jpg]
    • [attachment=870:wiiu-substrate.jpg]
    • [attachment=871:wiiu-mcm.jpg]
    • [attachment=874:650x.jpg]
    • [attachment=876:large.jpg]
    • [attachment=873:650x (1).jpg]
    • [attachment=869:wiiu-vent.jpg]
  • Wii U's original Gamepad model was like a toy, acording to Two Tribes:
    • [attachment=878:650x (5).jpg]
    • [attachment=879:650x (4).jpg]
    • [attachment=880:650x (3).jpg]

The Wii U is very compact, isn't it? In the image of the transparent console (which I wish they were selling) you can see how closely everything is set.

• Wii price drop to 129.99 and includes Wii sports and sports resort.
  • Epic Mickey 2 might miss the Wii U launch day.
  • Pokemon B&W2 on UK top 10 but missed the top spots by little: Black2 third and White 2 fifth.
  • Mass Effect developers to bring a Triple-A title of SquareEnix to the Wii U? Sounds interesting.
  • Zombie U rated M (Don't you say?Duh!)
  • Retro studios have a brand new and bigger office.
  • Fist of the North Star sequel heading to the Wii U.

Today is a slow day and besides CoD BOII breaking pre-orders records on GameStop is this beauty:

Snes theme Wii U pro controller coming soon.
[attachment=897:wii_u_pro_controller_snes.jpg]

Today is a slow day and besides CoD BOII breaking pre-orders records on GameStop is this beauty:

Why are there 2 start and select buttons on that controller?

Why are there 2 start and select buttons on that controller?
Maybe be used as the infamous turbo bottoms that most third party controllers have.

Looks like XBOX and Nintendo made passionate love and this came out

Well Nintendo is doing a lot of things right with the Wii U, but as expected they were able to mess the Wii Speak feature.

The Wii Speak feature will not work with every game, and the mic is not even on the gamepad, you need to buy a mic from a third party and plug it to the gamepad. Worst news for the Pro Controller players. The darn thing wont even support the Mic jack and it have to pe plugged to the gamepad instead.
Mellow.png
you need to play using the Pro controller while having your gamepad in your lap to be able to use the Mic. Hope nobody does this and all of the sudden jump or stands up letting the gamepad fall to the floor.
huh.gif

Source: My Nintendo News

Well Nintendo is doing a lot of things right with the Wii U, but as expected they were able to mess the Wii Speak feature.

The Wii Speak feature will not work with every game, and the mic is not even on the gamepad, you need to buy a mic from a third party and plug it to the gamepad. Worst news for the Pro Controller players. The darn thing wont even support the Mic jack and it have to pe plugged to the gamepad instead.
Mellow.png
you need to play using the Pro controller while having your gamepad in your lap to be able to use the Mic. Hope nobody does this and all of the sudden jump or stands up letting the gamepad fall to the floor.
huh.gif

My question finally answered! But....omg....that is terrible
unsure.gif
. I hope the source of your source wasn't a reliable one.
sad.gif
That is very disappointing to hear.....

Mellow.png
huh.gif

My question finally answered! But....omg....that is terrible
unsure.gif
. I hope the source of your source wasn't a reliable one.
sad.gif
That is very disappointing to hear.....
This is disappointing.

• Tekken TagTournament 2 will be cheaper if you buy the digital eShop version than the physical retail one. ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!
  • Limited offer Charizard 3DS XL in Japan[attachment=931:large (1).jpg]
  • DempaMen 2 is heading west. Didn't part one just arrived here? o_O
  • Japan users will soon get a music store in their 3DS.
  • US GameStop stores have a Wii U waiting list of 250K.

Back