Something Isn't quite right here..

Moclon

Best troll ever
Awards
Credits
original.jpg
You have 3 shots to try and figure out what's wrong with this gameplay picture from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

..They have no feet.

No-feet.jpg
How could this slip by from the entire developement team?

He-has-feet.jpg
This guy here appears to have feet, so it's probably not an art choice.

Still-standing-in-the-floor.jpg
Oh dear.

This game is our introduction to Fire Emblem in America, Nintendo, if you want a series to succeed over here, we'd expect you to *Ahem*
...Put your best foot forward with it.

Kotaku -

Are these people part-horse? Maybe the feet will be DLC? I ask you: why doesn't anyone in Fire Emblem: Awakening have feet?

Last edited by a moderator:
damn it nintendo, stop rushing all your games. we dont need new games that fast. we wouldn't mind waiting a few more months if it means the game is better.

I noticed that in the demo, thought it was just a bug in the demo. Disappointed to learn it's in the whole game apparently... Still haven't gotten my copy yet either, Gamestop here hasn't gotten it in yet.

Oh my god that's the greatest thing ever. I mean in a bad way. It's so stupid. How could that even happen?

Is it just me that isn't bugged about it? o:

I mean, sure, they could have got feet but is it really that important? they are supposed to be OW chibi (japs made the game for God's sake!).

^True, but they look ridiculous.

Also I just got the title of the topic. :squint: Wah wah wah waaaaaaa.

Maybe it's a stylistic choice?

It is possible, when playing the demo I felt like I was playing some DS FF game (III, IV).

Kotaku -

Are these people part-horse? Maybe the feet will be DLC?

LOL

Maybe it's a stylistic choice?

The sprites have feet, all of the pre-rendered cutscenes feature feet, basically everywhere except the 3D models, feet.

Also, I just realized I had a typo in my title :I

I noticed it in the demo, but then as Walla+ said, I assumed it was them trying to make the characters stylistically resemble chibi or super-deformed Japanese art, like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, for example. Although, I must admit that the very first second in the demo where I saw a character walk out I actually laughed out-loud and said vocally to myself "the feet are stuck in the ground! That's awesome! Good job with the demo!". It wasn't until farther in when I realized what they were going for. If you look closely, the feet are there, but much like Kotaku.com states - they look more like hooves.

Besides, it really has little to nothing to do with Nintendo, since Nintendo isn't the developer, merely the publisher. They hold a license but that doesn't necessarily mean that characters having feet is underlined in that contract. lol

Yeah, I don't think they should have made the feet quite as nubby as they did. When I played the demo, I was completely distracted during all the 3D cut scenes because it looks like they should have feet, but the the character model's collision isn't being rendered properly with the ground and they're all just sunk up to the ankles in the earth. I get the chibi effect, but it just doesn't translate well... they needed to be a bit bigger.

They are obviously all diabetic and did not take care of themselves properly. Due to either lack of medical attention or not following the rules set by their diet, they had to cut their feet off.

They are obviously all diabetic and did not take care of themselves properly. Due to either lack of medical attention or not following the rules set by their diet, they had to cut their feet off.

I think this guy might be correct. Let me take a second to talk to you about Diabetus.

I dont think its possible that the entire development team didn't notice the lack of feet. Nintendo must have done this on purpose for some extremely odd reason.

I noticed the first time I played Fire Emblem Awakening that they had no feet... I guess its how they wanted it to be

I dont think its possible that the entire development team didn't notice the lack of feet. Nintendo must have done this on purpose for some extremely odd reason.

........... Nintendo did not "make" the game so it is not there choice. there is a few interviews available out there on the net ... they try to say it is intentional... thing is if it was a space issue then why is there almost half a gig left b4 you hit the cart you picked out's max.. "i say cart you picked out as they have between a 2gig-8 gig choice depending on price they wish to spend"... personal i don't see why all games can not be 8 gig+ as i can get a 16-32 gig micro SD card for like 10-20 bucks lol... i wouldn't mind paying $50 for somegames if they were longer..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back