Sonic Generations (PS3,360,PC)

go away hernandez

Sentry goin' up.
Awards
Credits
Before we get started,let's all admit:

Sonic was going down the gutter with most of the games he had out.
I mean,come on:Werehogs,swords,and other weird things that shouldn't be in a Sonic game.

So later,Sega decided to step it up a notch:Sonic Colours/Colors.

But,like the whiners they are,the nolstalgia fanbase still complained.

So to shut them up aswell,we got Sonic Generations.

And today,I shall tell you why you should be getting it NOW.

Story

Our game begins with us playing through Green Hill Zone act 1.You can feel the nolstalgia come back to you,don't you?
So after that stage is done,we see a scene of Classic Sonic running.It starts to shake and rumble,and Sonic just shrugs it off,and runs off.But then he a big purple thing in the sky.

We then cut to Modern Sonic.Y'know,green eyes,longer legs,etc.

Tails and the rest of his too-many-friends throw him a party,for his birthday.(Did I mention this game was made for Sonic's 20th anniversery?)
So the party is going on,and then pops out the thing that came for Classic.It sucks up all his friends and Tails,and then Sonic.

Sonic wakes up in a white void.He notices a area that's just completely white,so he goes there,and he rescues Tails when he finishes the level.

So later on,Modern finds out there's two of him,while Classic goes to fight Eggman.After the fight,that same thing that took Sonic and his friends takes Eggman away.
Alot of stuff happens,such as they finding out why they're there,etc.

Now comes the big spoilers,so close your eyes if you don't want to spoil anything:

They go to fight the thing,which,is named Time Eater,and they find out Eggman planned it all along,with his past-self.They try to fight it,but they get CRUSHED,and all hope seems lost.His friends happen to be there,cheering him on.So he gets the Chaos Emeralds,they turn into Super Sonic,and defeat the thing.The party starts again,Everybody's happy,but then Classic Sonic and Classic Tails have to go.
Sonic says one last line to his past self,which is a bit ironic:
"Hey Sonic!Enjoy your future,it's gonna be great!"

You can open your eyes now.

Gameplay

So,I'll be focusing on Classic first.

Classic plays like the orginal Sonic games.2-D,jump around,spin-dashes,etc.Nothing really too special.It's fun,though.
Unless you get all the Red rings,which gives you a skill that you can equip to make Classic do a HOMING ATTACK.
I'll get onto Skills later,by the way

Modern plays like Unleashed,but with a few twists.
You can drift,which lets you gain boost as you go.
You can actually can do tricks,which,again,let you get extra boost.

Now,onto other parts of the game.

You can go and use points you get at the end of every stage to buy "Skills".

These let you have diffrent abilites,which may or may not help.
Like this:
Trick Master:
Lets you do tricks faster.

Which helps,because you can really only do one trick per second without it.

Stages

As probally known already,the stages are from games in the past Sonic games,like City Escape,Chemical Plant,Planet Wisp,etc.

The stages play two ways:Classic is Act 1,2-d.
Modern is act 2,3-D.
It's simple,but the levels get harder as they go.

So it's quite fun.

Music

Oh god the music.

What makes this game awesome is it's remixes to the music.
Like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFAaJNuoLA

That's Modern's remix

There's alot more,but I don't want to make you drool on your keyboard or something.

So yeah.Music is the best music yet.

Overall

Sonic Generations is a fun game.I serously reccomend you pick it up if you can.
It's fun,the music is great,etc.

Why aren't you at your Gamestop/Steam store now,anyways?
GO GO GO.
Generations gets a:
10/10

May you suggest on reviewing the 3DS version?

The 3DS version is quite a bit different from its console/PC counterpart. It plays a lot more like Sonic Rush or Sonic Colors DS.

I cant help it i love Spoilers
wink.gif

Awesome review. I agree it is a turn in the right direction. I am interested in the Sonic Generations 3DS review though.

Back