Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Proving the theory that anyone will sue anyone for anything, a legal firm filed a class-action lawsuit for $5 million against Sony yesterday because the multiplayer mode in PS4 game Killzone: Shadowfall doesn't run at a "native" resolution of 1080p.

Yep, this is for real. The suit, which you can read below, alleges that Sony misled gamers with the newest Killzone by using technology to replicate high-resolution graphics instead of actually providing them.

To quote the suit:
more here

I miss the days of 8bit and 16bit video games.

I wonder could Sony loss this lawsuit if the judge agree with the class-action lawsuit since people are getting the same game, but with non-1080P native graphics, so they are not getting fewer levels, characters, or features.

I miss the days where games seem to be longer with hours of entertaining gameplay, and the main feature of the game was not the fancy HD graphics.

The suit makes sense, Sony should have been more honest but $5 mill is a lot. Especially since this Killzone never was that popular. Most likely more expensive than what they earned selling the game.

I think Lawyers make the price higher, so they can get a higher settlement compared to setting the price lower. I think that falsely advertising a game as native 1080P when it is upscaled 1080P could be a good reason to sue since the buyer is expecting to get what they paid for.

I read recently on a gaming blog that an old Racing game for the Playstation 1 called Colin Mcrae was recently re-released with HD graphics on Steam, but the game was the mobile version with enhanced HD graphics, and a lot of the buyers on Steam got mad because they got tricked into buying a mobile port of the game with graphics which look like a mobile game.

I would like them to win, but that would probably mean more people popping up to sue them, so I doubt it will happen. Best case scenario, they might settle it privately and have the guy drop the charges.

Back