froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Sony's PlayStation division has finally revealed how it plans to conquer mobile device. According to Wall Street Journal, the unit aims to release five to six PS games for both iOS and Android devices under the ForwardWorks subsidiary it formed in March. The company didn't reveal a timeline along with the announcement, but it's apparently looking to launch all of them before March 2018. All the titles will initially be available in Japan, followed by other Asian countries. Unfortunately, fans in the US and in Europe will have to wait for further info -- the regions aren't part of Sony's current plans.

Read More

Hopefully, some of Sony's mobile games will be released in other countries.

Hopefully they do better with mobiles than they did with handhelds.

Hopefully they do better with mobiles than they did with handhelds.

I can see Sony doing well porting their better games from the PlayStation 1 and 2 to Android devices like smartphones/tablets, and Android TV devices like the Nvidia Shield TV, and the Amazon Fire TV which is based on Android. Some classic PS1 and PS2 games still have a large amount of fans.

I can see Sony doing well porting their better games from the PlayStation 1 and 2 to Android devices like smartphones/tablets, and Android TV devices like the Nvidia Shield TV, and the Amazon Fire TV which is based on Android. Some classic PS1 and PS2 games still have a large amount of fans.

I don't see mobiles playing PS2 games very well, mine can't play a simple SNES like game without getting dangerously hot.

I don't see mobiles playing PS2 games very well, mine can't play a simple SNES like game without getting dangerously hot.

Grand Theft Auto 3, San Andreas, and Vice City which are games which came out for the PS2 and other consoles are popular on Android, so PS2 quality games are playable on Android.

But, some PS2 style games may heat up your phone if the CPU, battery, and other parts get very hot when you use them for gaming.

Back