froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to Japanese news service Nikkei, the company is looking to sell its personal computer business to an investment fund for as much as 50 billion yen (or $492 million).

Read More

I think now is a good time for Sony to sell their PC Business since the PC industry has been slowing down because fewer people need to buy new pre-built PCs these days because a lot of people build their own PCs with PC parts, or ask friends and family to help them build a PC, so they save hundreds of dollars, and use better parts which are newer, and last longer.

Poor people and the less tech savvy pc buyers may buy a used pre-built pc from a pawn shop, thrift store like the Salvation Army, eBay, Craigslist, and Amazon marketplace to save money.

Most people also own a computer which is good enough for their daily tasks like e-mail, web browsing, office work, and playing less intensive games like Minecraft, League of Legends, and Maple Story.

There are also more affordable PC makers like Acer, and Lenovo who sell PCs for lower prices like $299-399 where most people looking to buy a new PC may buy one from Acer, Lenovo, and cheaper brands because of the low prices.

Never knew Sony was doing PCs haha XD shows what I know.

I know Sony made PCs in the 90s, but I probably forget to list Sony on a list of PC makers if ask to quickly make a list of PC companies because I'm more familiar with HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Gateway and Apple being popular computer makers because Sony does not seem to advertise their PCs much on TV, the internet, or Newspapers like other PC brands, and I rarely hear anyone talk about Sony products like PC except for the PlayStation consoles, and TVs.

I think the PC market is going toward PC owners building their own computers, or hiring a tech savvy friend, family member, or computer builder at a local computer store to build their computer, so they save hundreds of dollars on a PC, and PC owners can pick parts which are more high quality, and last longer.

There are also a lot of free online videos, and tutorials on building and fixing computers for teaching average people on how to build a PC.

People building their own computers would mean fewer people will buy computers from Acer, HP, Lenovo, Sony, and other brands because they can build a computer themselves for less money, and higher quality parts from good companies like MSI, Curcial, Sapphire, eVGA, and Antec rather than unknown poorer quality brands which computer makers like HP, Lenovo, Acer, etc uses to save money while selling computers for high prices.

Back