PlayStation Sony Starts Making More PS4s instead of PS5s?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
According to Bloomberg, who have an excellent track record, Sony told its assembly partners that it will continue to manufacture PS4 consoles due to PS5 supply issues. Bloomberg states that Sony had previously planned on discontinuing the PS4 at the end of 2021, but decided to delay this decision in order to ease the pressure on PS5’s production process. It also mentions that the PS4 uses less advanced chips and is relatively simpler to make.

Hopefully by the time Ps5 pro is ready, the production will be smooth sailing.

I still regret not keeping the PS4 Pro 1TB my g/f and I bought a couple years ago. :(

Are there seriously a lot of people still buying new PS4s? Wouldn't it make sense to just buy a used one at this point for the massive saving?

The PS4 feels like an old console and Persona 5 was yesterday. But I think the graphics and such really make it hold up and the downgrade is great for those that want to get back into Playstation exclusives.

But can the PS5 play PS4 titles? That was one of the reasons we returned the PS4. We had a tonne of PS3 games but couldn't play any of them.....

I feel a lot of people want a PS4 would of bought one by now.

But, it is nice the Sony is still supporting the PS4, so people can buy a new PS4 if they want one, or to to re-place a broken or stolen/lost PS4.

Should be able to play most PS4, now rumors are kicking up of PS5 getting more BC abilties.
This would be my main buying point. But I just can't justify buying a PS4 or PS5. My g/f and I are hard hardcore PC gamers. The last time we owned a console, it was used for streaming movies, not gaming. lol

Well considering how well the ps4 sold and is continuingly selling... not really surprised if this was true.

Well considering how well the ps4 sold and is continuingly selling... not really surprised if this was true.
The only way I'd get a PS5 is if it was 100% backwards compatible. I was very disappointed with the PS4 when I discovered all the stuff my g/f and I purchased for the PS3 wouldn't work on it. We returned it. lol

Back