Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Earlier this year, we brought you word that all of Sony’s fully-owned studios are working on PlayStation 4 games. This was a point reiterated during Sony’s Gamescom press conference, when the company showed a map of the world with all 14 of its developers, reassuring anxious gamers that many more triple-A games were forthcoming.

In a conversation with IGN, Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida confirmed yet again that all 14 of his studios are toiling away on PlayStation 4, but he also noted that these studios could also concurrently be working on other platforms. When asked if any of the studios are working on Vita games, considering Vita’s extremely bleak triple-A catalog in 2014, Yoshida said this:

“So what we have made the statement about PS4 is, actually, all of our studios are working on some PS4 titles. But that doesn’t mean that they are all exclusively working on PS4 titles. Many of them work on PS3 titles as well as PS Vita titles.”
source

Doesn't seem like there doing much for Vita.

The Vita is rolling on the floor, dying, unless you count PS4 game streaming as the planned "saving grace" for it.

I agree the Vita does not seem to be doing well.

I'm not sure if the Vita Game streaming will be very popular since you most likely need a very fast Wi-Fi router, or sit very close to your Wi-Fi router for better reception for playing HD PS4 games. The upload speeds for a lot of internet services is also kind of slow in my experience, My upload speeds are still 0.6 Mbps, so uploading a PS4 stream maybe laggy if I play it away from home.

Streaming games on the internet will slow down the internet for other people like friends and family who use the same internet at home, and the Wi-Fi at many public places like Libraries and Coffee shops are very slow because a lot of people use them, and you may get kicked out of the place for using too much bandwidth on their Wi-Fi.

The PS4 also needs to be ON, so you might as well just turn on the TV to play games on the PS4.

Back