Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
633262185228007768.jpg

In spite of a seemingly rocky start, Sony says they are on track to meet initial sales estimates of the PlayStation 3. The company projected that it would ship 11 million units by the end of the current financial year, which runs through March of 2008.

Sony head Kaz Hirai told Reuters the company may acquire more developers so it can create exclusive titles to drum up consumer demand. "Talks of an acquisition would emerge only when a company already has tight relations with us, its corporate culture is compatible with ours, its employees are working closely with us, and it can churn out strong software titles," Hirai said.

link

wow I still didn't think the PS3 was doing too well

good to know as I might buy one sometime

it is good for the technology inside of it

Shipped doesn't always mean sold. Just putting that out there.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe they can honestly say they are on track. I was at Best Buy the other day and they had atleast 20 PS3's on the shelf (some 60 and some 80). I don't think that sounds too "on track" all things considered.

QUOTE (Seaofclouds @ September 25, 2007 04:00 pm) Shipped doesn't always mean sold. Just putting that out there.

VERY!!! Good point

*didn't consider that*

I plan to buy one eventually...just not for awhile. I love video games, but I can't see spending that much money for a system that doesn't have and games that I want to play.

That's not to say that games aren't out there, just none that appeal to me right now.

Back