Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
According to a report on The Hill, over the weekend it was arranged that a planned vote on the Stop Online Piracy Act would not go ahead "unless there is consensus on the bill".
The concession was apparently granted when the bill's sponsor, Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith, agreed to " drop a controversial provision that would have required Internet service providers to block infringing websites."
Which is one of the biggest bones of contention surrounding the proposal.

Numerous video game companies have protested the bill, as have many websites. Some had even gone so far as to propose a "blackout" on January 18, the same day as the bill was supposed to have been voted on, but with that now delayed I guess they'll hold off.

On Saturday the White House spoke out against the bill.

source

drop the damn thing already!

I heard PIPA "Protect IP ACT" which is very similar to SOPA still have a lot of support by Congress, but this is good news.

It is actually back on has been scheduled to go forward in February.

http://torrentfreak....-baaack-120117/

My site has been darkened as of midnight and will be dark until midnight tonight. it might be a small gesture, but if every site and person protesting this, decided to half-step on this issue, or do absolutely nothing, then it would not have gotten the attention it has now.

I figure that it is better than sitting around and doing nothing except twiddling my thumbs.

Back