Specs for PC Gaming

I have a $500 PC and am upgrading to a new $200 GPU and 600w PSU soon, so I should be set for my gaming specs for a while!

For playing video games on PC, the most important thing is the video card and CPU. Memory plays secondary and it is only important if you don't have enough of it. Hard drive speed only relates to the load time, such as changing map, or load up the game.

For video card, anything around $150 should be fine for you to play all the latest video games with at least above medium resolution.
For CPU, no need to get the latest. I am still on a E8500 Intel Core 2 Duo, it is at no disadvantage in gaming compare to most of the latest CPUs.
For memory, as long as it is not some cheap crappy memory with slow speed, it's fine. 4GB is more than enough for all the latest video games.
Hard drive, as I said it is only important to load speed during changing map etc. If you have money to burn, get a SSD (Solid State Drive), it is fast and make no noise.

Other stuff aren't as important. Although I prefer a good sound card and speakers for the most exciting sound effect. :)
I use a 40" LCD TV as my desktop PC's monitor, with 5.1 sourrounding sound system. I am in heaven when I play games.

I currently have an AMD A6-3650 with 4GB ram. Not that much but it plays the games I wanna play smoothly and that's what matters so far. :)

I am currently running a Windows 7 machine with a Core i7 2600K, 16GB of RAM, a GTX 570 card, a Hyper 212 with two fans, two 24in monitors, and 13TB of connected hard drive space. I'm very proud of it.

As far as suggested specs, I'd say use one of the new Core i5s or higher, 8GB of RAM, Radeon HD 6870 or GTX 560, Proper air cooling, and the best hard drive you can get. That should work for just about any game you want to play, with reasonable graphics settings.

I'm currently building one right now.
I'll have i5 CPU, a GTX 580 for graphics, 8GB Ram, and a 1TB hard drive.
The i5 could easily be upgraded to an i7 but I was staying a little cheaper.
Same with the GTX 580, it could be upgraded as well but it's still good.

In my opinion, the best specs for pc gaming is a HD6770, 4GB of ram & E8500 CPU. Why ? Because this is what I own and I can run almost anything at a good quality. Of course, a dream computer would be like the one posted above.

The asking price is a bit steep though.
$3,499.00

I just looked at the specs, and the Big O Gaming computer is a weak machine. I can build something more powerful for about $1200. The reasons it is so expensive are the liquid cooling and the integrated xbox. Personally, I'd want these too systems separate. They both put off a ton of heat, and even when playing games, I usually keep my computer on. Also, computers get upgraded over time. Gaming systems, for the most part, do not. Any upgrades would have to be compatible with that system.

I'm currently building one right now.
I'll have i5 CPU, a GTX 580 for graphics, 8GB Ram, and a 1TB hard drive.
The i5 could easily be upgraded to an i7 but I was staying a little cheaper.
Same with the GTX 580, it could be upgraded as well but it's still good.

Looks pretty sweet :p I'm also building one, got a nice gaming keyboard the other day :grin:

I am currently running a Windows 7 machine with a Core i7 2600K, 16GB of RAM, a GTX 570 card, a Hyper 212 with two fans, two 24in monitors, and 13TB of connected hard drive space. I'm very proud of it.

As far as suggested specs, I'd say use one of the new Core i5s or higher, 8GB of RAM, Radeon HD 6870 or GTX 560, Proper air cooling, and the best hard drive you can get. That should work for just about any game you want to play, with reasonable graphics settings.

13TB?!? Are those all internal?

Lol impressive. Why not just invest for a SSD If you can afford all those? :p

Eventually, I'll get one. Those were for space, not performance. My issue is that I can't get an SSD smaller than 320GB, and those are expensive. I need the space for installed games.

Back