Sports Anime?

Vall

Credits
I recently finished watching the three seasons of Hajime no Ippo, an amazing boxing anime which is definitely in my top 5 and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys shonen anime. I was wondering if there are any other anime that are similar to this one. With the summer holidays coming up I'm looking forward to spending some time binging on some good anime :)

Back in the 1990s, I have watched Slam Dunk. It was pretty good but the anime series ended at episode 101 while the manga went a lot further. I do not think they will make more anime adaption of manga... after all it has been almost 20 years since episode 101. Shame.

Oh, it is about basketball of course. A lot of actions and funny stuff.

Back in the 1990s, I have watched Slam Dunk. It was pretty good but the anime series ended at episode 101 while the manga went a lot further. I do not think they will make more anime adaption of manga... after all it has been almost 20 years since episode 101. Shame.

Oh, it is about basketball of course. A lot of actions and funny stuff.
Nah gone are those days where you get to watch anime which actually is good and in the coming future could be considered as a classic.

Now its all about boob physics.

I'm not much of a sports fan so I wouldn't watch sports based anime, but I did watch prince of tennis when it aired on Toonami. Wasn't bad.

Wait what? Seriously? Nobody actually mentioned Haikyuu!! yet?

I am disappoint...

Seriously though watch it, you would not be disappointed~

On the other hand, Ping Pong The Animation can get you hooked if you're not turned away by it's unconventional art style~

Hey man,

if you don't mind branching out to Manga, Eyeshield 21 is one of the best shounen sports manga out there. It's quite similar to Hajime no Ippo in the sense that it has a weak main character that becomes strong over time. It has an anime adaptation but to be honest I would stick with the manga! Give it a shot and let me know what you think. :)

I really like sports anime a lot.
My sports anime list:
Battery
Haikyuu
Diamond no ace
Kuroku no basuke
One outs
Cheer danshi
Shion no ou

I can go on and on :p

My favorite sports anime is Slam Dunk! It is funny and at the same time I was hooked by the basketball games they play.

I agree Hajime no Ippo is a great series! It made me want to see more of this kind of sports series. In Hajime no Ippo you see lots of technique development and realistic moves even though it can exaggerate some moves at times, but it's an anime what do you expect. :grin:

When it comes to anime sport I really like slumdunk, I like the funny line of sakuragi hanamichi. But for a seriou sport anime who forget ryoma echizen the prince of tennis, I really miss that anime.

Back