Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Do you think this service is a long term project for google or them just testing the gaming waters out?

I think Stadia will be long term since Google spent a lot of time and money on Stadia.

But, Stadia maybe discontinued when more affordable $300 computers, smartphones, consoles and other devices can run games in 4K at 60 frames per second, computers and mobile devices have a lot of storage space, and most internet connections can download and install a larger size game in a few minutes.

Tbh just because they spent a lot of time and money, that doesn’t mean anything. We can think of several things that had a lot of time and money out into it that failed.

I guess google will deshon the gamers use it and how the reviews comes out then it cold be long term project. But i know google will probably make it long term project..

Knowing how Google have treated some of their previous experiments and projects, I definitely think that Stadia is a short term thing (although they'll be hoping for the opposite).

I think Stadia will be long term since Google spent a lot of time and money on Stadia.

But, Stadia maybe discontinued when more affordable $300 computers, smartphones, consoles and other devices can run games in 4K at 60 frames per second, computers and mobile devices have a lot of storage space, and most internet connections can download and install a larger size game in a few minutes.

I doubt it, since Stadia is built on a no tech really needed market.

I doubt it, since Stadia is built on a no tech really needed market.

I guest, there maybe affordable Google Stadia glasses like Google Glass which let users play games by putting on a pair of glasses, and using a controller or keyboard and mouse to control the game.

Hopefully, Google Fiber or another fast ISP come to more places, so people can play Google Stadia games without lag.

If it takes off yeah I'm sure they'll keep it as it should scale pretty easily and be updated pretty easily. However a fair few projects from Google have closed lately after a few years so we will have to wait and see.

I honestly don't think any of these companies that are trying to get into gaming can successfully pull it off. The big boys are great and already have a large market share over the gaming industry. It doesn't help that these other companies aren't creating anything worthwhile.

Read from gamesindustry, Stadia Director Of Product answered some questions on reddit:

Doronichev responded to, but was unable to offer specifics about, some of the biggest concerns regarding Stadia, such as what happens if the service is ultimately shut down for one reason or another. A user asking what might happen to their game purchases in such a situation received this response:

"We get this a lot," he wrote. "I hear you. Moving to the cloud is scary. I felt the same way when music was transitioning from files to streaming. I still have all my old CDs in the garage...although it's hard to find a CD player these days :)

"The same happened to Movies and Photos and my Docs and other files...and it's great! Games are no different. Eventually, all of our games will be safely in the cloud too and we'll feel great about it. We've been investing a ton in tech, infrastructure, and partnerships over the past few years. Nothing in life is certain, but we're committed to making Stadia a success.

"The games you buy on Stadia are yours to play. From day one we'll support Takeout so that you can download your game metadata, including saves if you want to."

"Of course, it's ok to doubt my words. There's nothing I can say now to make you believe if you don't. But what we can do is to launch the service and continue investing in it for years to come. Exactly how we've been doing with Gmail, Docs, Music, Movies, and Photos. That's exactly what we're committed to."

Doronichev confirmed that Stadia would have games across screens, a friends list, party features, voice chat, and a store at launch, while an achievement system, family sharing features, mod support, and further social features would be planned for later.

He also confirmed that the service would eventually see free-to-play games added to it, though none would be available at launch.

"To be clear, Stadia Pro is not 'Netflix for Games' like some people have mentioned," he said. "A closer comparison would be like Xbox Live Gold or Playstation Plus."

Back