Star Fox 64 3D

Lord Regal

Awards
Credits
I was fairly surprised to not see a thread for this game here. What do you all think of this game? For me, this is the first Star Fox game I've ever played the single player on (and only did multiplayer with Star Fox: Assault). I must say I'm really impressed. I wish the main story was longer, but the whole "multiple paths to Venom" does keep things fresh. I really like the gameplay and appreciate how the somersault and the u-turn help avoid the bane of dogfights...when you see an opponent for a half second before they pass you and you must try again. There is still some of that, but it's nowhere near as much as with other games. I do find it odd how little I'm using the barrel roll though...I've always thought it a staple of the series to barrel roll, but unless I'm playing the multiplayer mode I don't see a reason to. I'm assuming when I unlock expert mode it'll be different (trying to complete the new 3DS mode before going on to the classic N64 difficulty as well, so that contributes). I also absolutely hate the gyro controls as they only get me into trouble that should be easily avoided. My only other complaint is that there's no online play. It really limits the replay value once the game is done.

Overall I really like the game, but a few flaws I feel keep it from unlocking its full potential.

It's part of the Review Bucket in which someone writes their own opinion of the game.

So there's no 'overall' general discussion of what the people think of the game.

But anyway, I shall state my reason for not reviewing the game here since I didn't want to review since it would be unfair for the following reason.

Star Fox 3D isn't my type of game and my rush to buy another decent 3DS game, I got it. It was a bad choice on my part so I can't review a game I didn't like at all and found the purchase to be a mistake. Star Fox 64 3D just wasn't doing it for me.

I don't have a 3ds, so I can't play this and some people say that this game cost $40 which is too much for a remake of a short game, and I agree with that. You can buy the original version of it for $10 in the virtual console.

Back