Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVqd-delis

6 party member teams, little to no loading, 60FPS and less cut scenes and more gameplay combat.

I never actually finished the 4th one... (Simply because, at the time I started, I only had a CRT tv... and going through one of the earlier sections of the game made my head ache because it was black and neon pink and the text was stupid hard to read.) 
Though at some point I'm going to pick it back up and at least finish the game. (Maybe after I platinum Saints Row 4.)

But that stated, I'm still looking forward to this one simply because it looks cool. (And I really like the futuristic settings.)

VirusZero said:
I never actually finished the 4th one... (Simply because, at the time I started, I only had a CRT tv... and going through one of the earlier sections of the game made my head ache because it was black and neon pink and the text was stupid hard to read.) 
Though at some point I'm going to pick it back up and at least finish the game. (Maybe after I platinum Saints Row 4.)

But that stated, I'm still looking forward to this one simply because it looks cool. (And I really like the futuristic settings.)
I think I had to adjust some settings as well to make the colors not hurt my eyes as well.

Yeah, I can definitely attest to that. That section of the game where you board the enemy ship is killer on the eyes. Worst is, if memory serves, the enemies are really strong there so you have to spend a bit of time there slowly fighting them to level up enough to really get very far. So it kinda prolongs the amount of time you're stuck there and increases the headache for longer.

Looks pretty good, I'm glad this is coming out as I'm a fan of tri-Ace and the Star Ocean series. I'll have to agree with the other members here, Star Ocean 4's art-style was bit on the poor choice. Some bad decisions were made by the artists and the game quickly became tiring just by looking at it. Sometimes I would even get headaches, which I never experience with other games. However, Star Ocean 5 seems a lot easier on the eyes while still retaining those grand vistas the series is known for. 

VirusZero said:
Yeah, I can definitely attest to that. That section of the game where you board the enemy ship is killer on the eyes. Worst is, if memory serves, the enemies are really strong there so you have to spend a bit of time there slowly fighting them to level up enough to really get very far. So it kinda prolongs the amount of time you're stuck there and increases the headache for longer.
I took time to grind through out the game, so I didn't have to do the enemy ship for long.

Nice I'm a huge star ocean fan, ever since the release of Star Ocean Second story back on the PS1. I missed this announcement yesterday. This makes me super happy. Thanks for sharing!

To be fair, this was actually old news. We knew this was coming long ago. But it was nice to see it in motion.

Square Enix seems to be favoring Sony the way they did back in the PS1 and PS2 days.

In fact, even their E3 may as well have been a continuation of Sony's conference since like 80% of it seemed to be Playstation exclusive.

Back