Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Pushsquare on a bit of info and a short gameplay teaser is on Respawn's tweet, full gameplay reveal, soon:
Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Box-Art-Deluxe-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-ps4-playstation-4.900x.jpg

Reiner of Gameinformer has given us a slight teaser of what Respawn Entertainment's action game might be like. He says it "makes a hell of a first impression in a big, bombastic Star Wars way" but that it isn't the game he was expecting. Apparently, Fallen Order's lightsaber combat "isn't about combos and acrobatics," instead focusing on something else. Unfortunately that's all he can say, but Reiner claims "two beloved gaming franchises were repeatedly mentioned during our trip as inspiration points".

It sounds interesting. Let's see how EA finds a way to ruin it.

It sounds interesting. Let's see how EA finds a way to ruin it.

Saw the gameplay reveal. Gameinformer was wrong. Combat is acrobatics and you can do combos. Too bad it's not an rpg though there are skill points, I was hoping it would be. It's basically Jedi Knight 2/Jedi Academy with more platforming action like wall running, hanging and shimming and droid sidekick this time and better Lightsaber controls. Gameplay looks fun enough like Jedi Knight 2/Jedi Academy but protag is basically young Obi Wan carbon copy not as interesting as Kyle Katarn of JK1/JK2 so far...

Nathan one of Kotaku's journalist saw a slightly extended version of the demo. He said you can take control an AT-AT and talk to characters with dialogue options. Wonder if the dialogue options can lead to a different narrative, and why all these were not in the EA Play Reveal Livestream before:

"To begin, he scaled a vine-covered AT-AT, took control, and mowed down legions of storm troopers. This section featured a cool cinematic camera view inside the cockpit, highlighting little details like Cal’s droid kicking at the dashboard. Shortly after, he reconnected with allies and was able to explore a hub area that included the interior of a ship. He could also talk to other characters and even choose between dialogue options. "

will we finally get a game worthy of the Star wars name?

Dualshockers seemed to think so, but I am not yet convinced enough until I see more details, especially with the dialogue options and skill points stuff...

Last edited:
Just read that you can't dismembered humanoid characters in the game, you can only dismembered non-humanoids and droids, lol so he is carrying a "special" lightsaber type that limits dismemberment:

senior designer Justin Perez said that you won't be dismembering people and humanoids in this game. However, he clarified that you will be able to lop the limbs off non-humanoids and droids.

Just saw Game Informer interview with Lead level designer Jeff Magers video:

Saw a new trailer with the dialogue choices thing:

Last edited:
New trailer is up:

New gameplay video is up:

your current thoughts?

More like "easier dark souls" rather than "sekiro". but then no dismemberment possible at all for human opponents and the like, just for alien creatures and robots is just "weird" for lightsaber battles imo.
e38ef65b33af158e622608f306d26c3bec4882f1554beb0cb3286c09da8c8270.gif

Jedis should be more like Sekiro, I mean Sekiro's combat is fast paced, example my duel under the moonlight battle that i recorded months back:

Last edited:
BD-1 droid trailer:

launch trailer is up:

Back