Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

The bugs/issues have the high ground!

• Haha
Reactions: cm2
Will wait for a few fixes. Seems PC is by far the worse but some issues across the board. Shame as I was looking forward to playing this after the first Jedi game a few years back exceeded expectations.

They just released first patch:

PC

Performance improvements for non-raytraced rendering.

PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC

Multiple crashes fixed across PlayStation and Xbox Series X|S and various areas of the game.
Fixed crashes that were tied to skipping cinematics.
Performance improvements across PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Fixed an issue with dynamic cloth inside the Mantis.
Fixed various rendering issues.
Fixed an issue with registered Nekko colors not saving.
Fixed an issue with registered Nekko disappearing from the stable.
Fixed issues with cinematic dialogue overlapping.
Fixed various collision issues.
Fixed an issue with enemy AI remaining in T Pose during photo mode.
Fixed a freeze that occasionally occurred while talking to Doma.
Fixed a bug where the BD-oil VFX did not properly render.
Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck inside the Chamber of Duality if you didn't save after leaving the chamber and die.

Game's performance is still a mess:

This is Patch 5 for Jedi: Survivor, which is out for PC gamers now, and will be coming down the line for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X (and S) console owners.

EA's patch notes detail some important steps forward, most notably various performance fixes and stability improvements across all platforms, but with some PC-specific tweaks, too.

Those changes for the PC-only include improved thread handling when ray tracing is off - which should offer a performance boost, too - and "improved content caching to reduce hitching."

However, some PC gamers who have tried the patch out are scratching their heads when trying to find those performance improvements - or indeed, they're complaining about lower frame rates.

Replying to a query about whether performance is any better, Redditor MisterSarcastic1989 tells us: "I'm on pc... koboh (pyloon saloon area) seems to as bad as before the patch."

On the Twitter thread announcing the patch (see above), Cyber says: "Patch didn't do much, just tested. It's amazing that the game can't scale properly with hardware. 4K native, epic settings, gpu usage 99%, 78fps.. turns on FSR quality, gpu usage drops to 68%, fps rises by 2 to 80. It's a joke."

Another Redditor complains: "For me it totally tanked my performance. Where yesterday I could play on high settings with my relatively mediocre PC, now I get like 15fps on low settings."

And someone else chimes in: "The patch changed absolutely nothing for me other than increasing the shader compilation stutters again since the cache got wiped."

There are a number of other moans along these lines, too.

so game is coming to previous gen consoles too now ps4 and xbox one.

“Our team at Respawn proudly launched this title to critical acclaim and commercial success. Millions of players have already engaged with the game, making this one of the biggest events in the Star ars galaxy this year.

“Thanks to the strength of this legendary franchise and community demand, our development team has committed to bringing this Jedi experience to PS4 and Xbox One.

“Over the coming year, we will harness the community’s passion and capitalize on key Star Wars franchise moments to drive continued engagement for this incredible game.”

Read Director is leaving:

"After careful thought and consideration," an EA spokespersons said, "Stig Asmussen has decided to leave Respawn to pursue other adventures, and we wish him the best of luck." The company added that, "Veteran Respawn leaders will be stepping up to guide the team as they continue their work on Star Wars Jedi: Survivor."

If they don't find a way to fix all the bugs which messes up the game's performance in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, the game will never leave a good taste for gamers.

Back