Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

The game will also release on PC, via the cloud, and will be available via Game Pass on release day.

Starfield is the next big RPG from the creator of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, originally announced in June 2018 with a teaser trailer, following which director Todd Howard said it was a game he’s wanted to make “for a very, very long time.”

“Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4,” Bethesda said on Sunday.

“In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom. Harnessing the power of next-gen technology and built on the all-new Creation Engine 2, Starfield takes you on a journey through space as you strive to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.”

My most anticipated game this year now. If it's as good as I hope it can easily be one of my favorite games. But gotta wonder, will they pull a Fallout 76 with this one. Space RPGs are honesty an under saturated market with only mass effect being an old alternative and Star citizen never coming out.

Read Game Director's interview from VGC:

“We’ve had a lot of success with the games that you talked about but we’ve never been kind of the platform seller, you know ‘the game’ for a platform for a period of time, and so, there is a lot of pressure, there’s a lot of responsibility there to make sure we deliver for everybody.”

He told Fridman the decision to delay the game was a tough one “but it was the right thing to do”, and that Bethesda was working with “the top engineers at Xbox” to make the game sing on consoles.

“Keep in mind that for us that exclusivity is not unique, even though we’ve done PlayStation stuff and I think the PS5 is just an insane machine – they’ve done a great job and we’ve had great success on PlayStation,” he said.

“We were traditionally a PC developer in the beginning. We transitioned to Xbox [and it] became our lead platform, like Morrowind’s basically exclusive to Xbox, Oblivion was exclusive to Xbox for a long period of time, Skyrim DLC was exclusive, so we’ve done a lot of, like, our initial stuff is all Xbox.

“So when we get into development and say we’re focused on Xbox, it’s not abnormal for us in any way, it’s been kind of the norm. And from a development side I like the ability to focus and have help from them, you know the top engineers at Xbox, to say we are going to make this look incredible on the new systems, from my standpoint it’s just awesome.”

Back