Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
http://youtu.be/eeAjkbNq4xI

looks good.

It looks so.... plain. But the use of it looks AWESOME! That is insane, I'm glad they kept it simple, because it could have been much worse. This actually makes me want to try it out. 

The Touchpad may also be more durable than the Joystick since a touchpad does not have any moving parts, or only a few moving parts.

I also notice that over time, the plastic on the joystick seems to get shaved off, and the moving parts on the joystick may get stuck, or become more loose from using it a lot.

Demon_Skeith said:
if this is good as it looks, the joysticks could be on their way out.
I think so too. It would take an adjustment for a lot of people, and maybe even a generation or two, but it might be the future. 

I don't think that this will successfully bridge the gap that well. 

Look at right around 3:10 to see that it takes double sweeping to really make some turning motions... For anyone doing high speed spins (for games like Call of Duty or Battlefield) and actions like that, that could be a real issue. It'd slow things down considerably. (And against someone using a mouse and keyboard? That'd be bad.)

I would imagine some sensitivity and tweaking might be possible to improve or change that later on. But based on what they've shown thus far.... I'm not convinced this will work all that great. 

And just for controlling the game during Civilization 5, I think that looked really awkward and I would think that would get extremely sluggish and annoying compared to using a keyboard/mouse combo. (Especially since the keyboard would be better suited for rapid execution of actions since they could more quickly/easily use various commands without having to set only like 4 buttons as those macros...)

This might be a case where it works better once you try it yourself, so might have to wait to actually go hands on and see what think then.

It looks like a fairly unusual controller and it certainly wouldn't fit well on some games although, it would certainly work well on a number of games.

Back