Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7K_mSJIius

huh, well it will be back up soon since its posted by a official news youtube group.

But basically it discussed how some companys (like rockstar) would raise the prices of games right before the sale so when the sale happened the games would still be priced normally. Though a cheap move, it isn't illegal to do so. 

edit:

why the video went down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2wd8O0KEOY

more scams!

Wow I didnt even know that steam scams exist. Isnt steam supposed to be a legit store? I understand though that they have to make their money in one way or another :p .

Man, yeah, I heard about the Rockstar thing. I noticed that for GTAV they're bundling some of those stupid shark cards or whatever for online with the main game and selling the bundle at $60. It makes the game show up as a deal but you're still paying full price really. It's kinda scummy but it's something that wary consumers wouldn't fall for.

I'm sure there's other "tricks" the publishers do, like the mentioned "raise the price before sale so sale price is the same as before". We as consumers have to be careful with these tricks and, when we notice them, we should raise awareness (as these videos are doing). We should cause an outrage against the deal and we should boycott it and not buy these games. Sure, it's hard to resist sometimes, but we have to show them that such practices won't be tolerated.

This is really bad. I don't know how they thought people didn't notice this when it's right in our faces. Maybe they thought people wouldn't be so outraged.. but that doesn't make sense either. By the way, those guys in the video have very annoying voices, at least for me :grin:.

There's almost always a scam hidden in every day life. Although Steam has been a reliable and definite PC gaming tool, that doesn't mean our scamming friends won't find ideas on how to make more money. Money turns the world, gives people jobs, and just more profit for the company to enjoy. It's surprising that scams haven't shown up any sooner, to be honest. Or that people have noticed them at all. 

i noticed that scam attempt with GTA V and that actually pissed me off pretty badly. But using some of the sites to check sales price and reddit I thankfully avoided buying it at its "sale" price. There was a huge thread about some other games too but i didn't look into those.

Back