Steam Summer Sale Recommendations

Vatheri

Credits
Rejoice! The Steam Summer Sale is here again. Anyone notice any exceptionally great deals hidden amongst the rest? Especially so for cheap games. I saw this Reddit comment which gave some pretty good recommendations: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/4phrg8/steam_summer_picnic_sale_2016_day_1/d4l0nfb

Or TL;DR:

- This War of Mine $4.99
- Crypt of the NecroDancer $3.74
- Orcs Must Die 2 is worth $3.74
- Valkyria Chronicles $4.99
- Banished is pretty good for $6.79
- Payday 2 $5
- Hotline Miami 2 $3.74
- Portal 2 $4.99
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut $4.99
- Civilization V Complete Edition $12.27 (That's a lot of DLC!)
- FTL $2.99
- Mark of the Ninja $3.74
- To the Moon $1.99
- Brothers $1.49
- Door Kickers $2.99
- The Banner Saga $4.99
- The Swapper $2.99
- Arkham City GOTY $4.99
- Transistor $4.99
- Rocket League/DLCs -40%

Also don't forget to do your queue everyone, Steam gives you free 3 trading cards a day for just clicking through ~10 games at a time. If you do it every day it'll come out to a free game or two for no real effort. ^^

These are just the games I'm interested in. GTA 5 is on sale for a pretty decent price. I think it's about $40 CDN. I know Terraria is only $5 right now which I think is a very good deal based on the ratings of the game. Mirror's Edge is 75% off right now making it only $5, which makes it very enticing. Overall, my wallet will be crying soon if I don't maintain control. :(

Rejoice! The Steam Summer Sale is here again. Anyone notice any exceptionally great deals hidden amongst the rest? Especially so for cheap games. I saw this Reddit comment which gave some pretty good recommendations: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/4phrg8/steam_summer_picnic_sale_2016_day_1/d4l0nfb

Or TL;DR:

- This War of Mine $4.99
- Crypt of the NecroDancer $3.74
- Orcs Must Die 2 is worth $3.74
- Valkyria Chronicles $4.99
- Banished is pretty good for $6.79
- Payday 2 $5
- Hotline Miami 2 $3.74
- Portal 2 $4.99
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut $4.99
- Civilization V Complete Edition $12.27 (That's a lot of DLC!)
- FTL $2.99
- Mark of the Ninja $3.74
- To the Moon $1.99
- Brothers $1.49
- Door Kickers $2.99
- The Banner Saga $4.99
- The Swapper $2.99
- Arkham City GOTY $4.99
- Transistor $4.99
- Rocket League/DLCs -40%

Also don't forget to do your queue everyone, Steam gives you free 3 trading cards a day for just clicking through ~10 games at a time. If you do it every day it'll come out to a free game or two for no real effort. ^^

How do the trading cards give you free games?

God help all your wallets.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Long Dark. I bought it yesterday for 6,99€ and played it for a bit, it's the best survival I've played! I won't write too much about it, if you want more just check it out on YT. It's basically you vs nature survival, no zombies, no other humans. At the beginning you will die a lot. Then you'll learn how to survive and focus on exploring the whole map, no wolf will be dangerous if you'll be prepared. You have to deal with cold, hunger, lack of sleep, various injuries. Overall it's a great game and I hugely recommend it.

Another one worth mentioning is Punch Club. It's about becoming a fighter and beating others in various leagues. If you're into retro games, this one's for you. Couldn't sleep because of that one - before I stopped playing, it was 2AM already! :grin: It has a great story, the only problem is it becomes repetitive for some parts of the game, but it's really good game. And it's cheap! I spent 6 hours on it and it's been only one day since I bought it.

I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley and Slime Rancher, having just purchased them yesterday. They're really laid-back and zen games, there's something relaxing about running a farm a la Harvest Moon style.

I've been working seven days a week for a couple of months so I'm a little out of the loop. Does anyone have good recommendations for roguelikes or turn-based RPGs? I'd love to pick up a game or two but I'm not sure what's been released lately.

As for my own recommendations, check out Stardew Valley. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a really fun game with a ton of replay value for the price. I never got into Harvest Moon but loved it so I recommend checking it out even if you didn't like Harvest Moon games. If you played Rune Factory, it's a bit closer to that.

Also, Overture is only $1.24 and looks pretty fun. I'm about to pick that one up tonight. I'm also eyeing Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. If anyone has played it, let me know, I generally like Metroidvanias and it looked good.

redpanda redpanda I don't know.. Not very informed or interested in that genre :(

But anyway I'd recommend Mark of the Ninja. It's cheap and worth the price in my opinion. It has a decent story and good gameplay in my opinion. But don't expect that you can play it for ever, because at some point it will start to get boring.

redpanda redpanda I don't know.. Not very informed or interested in that genre :(

But anyway I'd recommend Mark of the Ninja. It's cheap and worth the price in my opinion. It has a decent story and good gameplay in my opinion. But don't expect that you can play it for ever, because at some point it will start to get boring.

I've actually already played and beaten Mark of the Ninja. For anyone else reading, I definitely second the recommendation. It was an excellent game :). I like stealth games that prevent you from just fighting your way out. That was always my main gripe with Assassin's Creed.

That's a decent list you've reposted. I already own most of the games so I'm not too excited about it unfortunately. As of right now I haven't bought a single game on sale. I don't want to sound really old (and I'm not :grin:) but discounts used to be much, much higher. And there is no reason for me to check on the sale every day, because discounts will stay the same.
/rant off

I am on the fence about the recent LucasArts remasters - Monkey Island bundle and Grim Fandango and perhaps even Day of the Tentacle. Any thoughts? I haven't played the original versions.

I suggest keeping an eye on Hidden Gem thread. You could find some great gems that are heavily discounted.

Madafix Madafix I recently played Grim Fandango, and it was magnificent - definitely worth it.

But thanks to OP, I'm finally going to grab This War of Mine. I've also added the first Rocksmith and The Walking Dead: Michonne on my basket, and will probably be grabbing few visual novels once I actually get to paying for it all.

Back